The third season of Downton Abbey premieres in the U.S. on PBS on January 6. The show concluded its third run last month in the UK with an overall average of 9.7M viewers to make it the period drama’s highest-rated season so far. While Brits are on the edge of their seat for the upcoming 2-hour Christmas Day special, several members of the cast are currently on a press tour in the States to tubthump the show which received three SAG Award nominations today. Tonight, they and executive producer Gareth Neame gathered for a panel discussion and audience Q&A moderated by PBS Masterpiece exec producer Rebecca Eaton in Manhattan. Cast members Hugh Bonneville, Jim Carter, Rob James-Collier, Joanne Froggatt, Elizabeth McGovern and Sophie McShera provided a glimpse into their characters and talked about what they do in their down time between seasons. Bonneville noted he just finished a children’s project for the BBC titled Mr. Stink and Froggatt said she’s been working on three feature films that will be out early next year. One of them is Filth, based on the book by Bruce Robertson. You can watch the complete Q&A below. But please skip to 02:52, for some reason the video doesn’t start until that point.
‘Downton Abbey’ Cast Q&A: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Cosby Says Reports Of Sexual Assault Town Hall Tour Is "False," Despite Fact His PR Team Said It Was On - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘My Dinner With Hervé’: David Strathairn Cast In HBO Movie
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders Bites Press To Distract Them From New Trumpcare Blow
- BET Awards Ratings Fall From 2016, Both On Channel & Across Viacom Networks
- SAG-AFTRA Contract Talks Continue Despite Strike Threat
- Ed Asner Retracts And Apologizes For Allegations Against SAG-AFTRA Leaders
- Is The Premium Video Business Harder To Attack Than Digital Giants Imagined?