Holy bubble-top! The car used in the 1966-68 Batman TV series will be auctioned off in January. Customizer George Barris bought the 1955 Lincoln Futura Concept car for $1 from the Ford Motor Co. Barris was given $15,000 and 15 days to gadgetize the handmade two-seater. He added a nose-mounted aluminum Cable Cutter Blade, Batphone, Bat Ray Projector, Automatic Tire Inflator and other fluorishes such as twin parachutes used to execute 180-degree turns. Barris still owns the one-of-a-kind car that came with a push-button transmission. It’s expected to fetch seven figures when the gavel comes down at the auction January 19th in Scottsdale, Ariz. Clark Gable’s personal 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing Coupe will also be sold that day. Notable showbiz cars typically go for large sums. The 1964 Aston Martin DB5 used in the James Bond films “Goldfinger” and “Thunderball” sold for $4.6 million at auction in 2010.
TV’s Original Batmobile To Be Auctioned Off
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Review: Ben Stiller’s Misguided Sequel Is A Fashion Disaster
- Oscars: Third Group Of Presenters Includes Cate Blanchett, Michael B. Jordan & Louis C.K.
- ‘The Simpsons’ Nancy Cartwright Launches Production Banner Spotted Cow With First Projects In Place…
- Barack Obama First-Date Movie ‘Southside With You’ Near Deal With Miramax, Roadside Attractions