Top Gun will return to theaters for an exclusive six-day IMAX engagement beginning February 8 that will see the iconic 1986 Tom Cruise pic remastered in 3D for the large-screen format. The late director Tony Scott supervised the conversion from high-resolution original negative scans that will also result in the Paramount film’s latest Blu-ray release, a 3D/2D two-disc set due February 19. The film was a lynchpin in Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer’s venerable action stable, earning $350 million-plus worldwide and cementing Cruise as one of Hollywood’s biggest movie stars.
‘Top Gun’ Cleared For 3D IMAX Takeoff
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years
- CAA Promotes Four In Sports, TV & Marketing Departments