Top Gun will return to theaters for an exclusive six-day IMAX engagement beginning February 8 that will see the iconic 1986 Tom Cruise pic remastered in 3D for the large-screen format. The late director Tony Scott supervised the conversion from high-resolution original negative scans that will also result in the Paramount film’s latest Blu-ray release, a 3D/2D two-disc set due February 19. The film was a lynchpin in Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer’s venerable action stable, earning $350 million-plus worldwide and cementing Cruise as one of Hollywood’s biggest movie stars.
‘Top Gun’ Cleared For 3D IMAX Takeoff
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M+: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For ‘Good Will Hunting’
- ‘The Room’ Filmmaker Tommy Wiseau Pitched Himself For Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- ‘Darkest Hour’ Is Gary Oldman’s “Man On A Mission” Movie
- Jake Gyllenhaal’s Fight To Mount ‘Stronger’ And Play A Real-Life Superhero
- Director Terry Zwigoff Joins Peter Jackson, Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd In Claiming Weinstein Blacklist; Hollywood Reacts
- Paul Haggis Denies Rape Claims By Publicist; Calls It “Public Hanging”