Top Gun will return to theaters for an exclusive six-day IMAX engagement beginning February 8 that will see the iconic 1986 Tom Cruise pic remastered in 3D for the large-screen format. The late director Tony Scott supervised the conversion from high-resolution original negative scans that will also result in the Paramount film’s latest Blu-ray release, a 3D/2D two-disc set due February 19. The film was a lynchpin in Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer’s venerable action stable, earning $350 million-plus worldwide and cementing Cruise as one of Hollywood’s biggest movie stars.
‘Top Gun’ Cleared For 3D IMAX Takeoff
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Paramount Sets October 'Men, Women & Children' Dates
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'