Some have questioned casting Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher – a 6-foot-5, 250-pound bad ass – but Cruise (5-foot-7 and slim) says he’s very comfortable in the role. Cruise told Reuters Television at the Jack Reacher premiere in London Monday that he wouldn’t have taken on the part if (author Lee) Child wasn’t happy. “You know, he created the character, I had my own opinion that I didn’t say to Lee and then he came back and pretty much reflected what I had felt about it. But had he said ‘look I’d rather not’, I would not have played the character,” Cruise said. The actor described Reacher’s size as a “characteristic” rather than a “character.” Jack Reacher is based on One Shot – one of the series of novels by Child about an ex-military policeman-turned-benevolent drifter. It opens on December 21.
Tom Cruise On ‘Jack Reacher’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
WGA Awards: 'Moonlight' & 'Arrival' Win Top Film Prizes; FX's 'Atlanta' & 'The Americans' Lead TV - Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- Google & Microsoft To Demote Piracy Sites In UK Search Results
- Kim Dotcom Loses U.S. Extradition Appeal, But Claims Victory In Copyright Ruling
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?
- Motion Pictures Sound Editors' Golden Reel Awards: ‘Hacksaw Ridge,’ ‘Westworld’ Among Winners…
- Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘People V. O.J. Simpson’ Among Winners…
- WGA Members Outline Top Issues In Looming Contract Negotiations – WGA Awards