Some have questioned casting Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher – a 6-foot-5, 250-pound bad ass – but Cruise (5-foot-7 and slim) says he’s very comfortable in the role. Cruise told Reuters Television at the Jack Reacher premiere in London Monday that he wouldn’t have taken on the part if (author Lee) Child wasn’t happy. “You know, he created the character, I had my own opinion that I didn’t say to Lee and then he came back and pretty much reflected what I had felt about it. But had he said ‘look I’d rather not’, I would not have played the character,” Cruise said. The actor described Reacher’s size as a “characteristic” rather than a “character.” Jack Reacher is based on One Shot – one of the series of novels by Child about an ex-military policeman-turned-benevolent drifter. It opens on December 21.
Tom Cruise On ‘Jack Reacher’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- New York Television Festival Announces 2014 Winners
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC