Some have questioned casting Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher – a 6-foot-5, 250-pound bad ass – but Cruise (5-foot-7 and slim) says he’s very comfortable in the role. Cruise told Reuters Television at the Jack Reacher premiere in London Monday that he wouldn’t have taken on the part if (author Lee) Child wasn’t happy. “You know, he created the character, I had my own opinion that I didn’t say to Lee and then he came back and pretty much reflected what I had felt about it. But had he said ‘look I’d rather not’, I would not have played the character,” Cruise said. The actor described Reacher’s size as a “characteristic” rather than a “character.” Jack Reacher is based on One Shot – one of the series of novels by Child about an ex-military policeman-turned-benevolent drifter. It opens on December 21.
Tom Cruise On ‘Jack Reacher’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Latest Film News
- MPAA: Hollywood Is Key Driver Of U.S. Economy With $49 Billion Payout, Salaries Much Higher Than Nat’l Average
- Sam Rockwell To Receive Santa Barbara’s American Riviera Honor
- ‘Hal’: Watch The First Three Minutes Of Sundance-Bound Hal Ashby Documentary
- Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
- Saban Films Will Release ‘Black Water’ In Second Quarter 2018
- James L. Brooks To Receive WGA West’s Laurel Award For Screenwriting