The NBC morning show officially said goodbye this morning to executive producer Jim Bell, who is departing after seven seasons to focus on his Olympics duties for the network; he was exec producer of the London Olympics this summer, replacing Dick Ebersol. He presided over some bumpy times at Today, taking much of the heat for the ouster of Ann Curry as co-anchor this year and seeing a ratings slide that has eroded much of the show’s dominance over rival Good Morning America. His No. 2 Don Nash is taking over as executive producer, with Alexandra Wallace becoming the executive in charge. Here’s the cast and crew’s toast to Bell:
‘Today’ Bids Farewell To Exec Producer Jim Bell: Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- BAFTA Sets Key Dates, Timeline For 2015 Film Awards
- Orange Is The New Green: Schilling, Dinklage Head To 'A Month In The Country'
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'