The NBC morning show officially said goodbye this morning to executive producer Jim Bell, who is departing after seven seasons to focus on his Olympics duties for the network; he was exec producer of the London Olympics this summer, replacing Dick Ebersol. He presided over some bumpy times at Today, taking much of the heat for the ouster of Ann Curry as co-anchor this year and seeing a ratings slide that has eroded much of the show’s dominance over rival Good Morning America. His No. 2 Don Nash is taking over as executive producer, with Alexandra Wallace becoming the executive in charge. Here’s the cast and crew’s toast to Bell:
‘Today’ Bids Farewell To Exec Producer Jim Bell: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean CyberTerror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video