The funeral episode hasn’t been filmed or scheduled yet, but TNT says it will happen at some point during the second season which begins next month. Larry Hagman, who reprised his role as the villainous J.R. Ewing from the original series, worked until his death and is expected to appear in the first six episodes of the 15-episode season. He died from complications of cancer last month while the show was on Thanksgiving break. The second season of Dallas is scheduled to debut on January 28.
‘Dallas’ Will Hold Funeral For J.R. Ewing
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Greg Ellis Signs With Gersh; Pantheon Signs J.C. Chasez, Chris Payne Gilbert
- 'Twilight' Short-Film Competition For Women Is Backed By Stephenie Meyer & Lionsgate
- 'NCIS' Security Guard's Family Wins $10 Million Judgment Against CBS
- 'Horrible Bosses 2′ Trailer: Chris Pine, Christoph Waltz Do Bad Biz In Sequel
- UPDATE: Teresa Palmer Joins Benjamin Walker In 'The Choice', Nicholas Sparks Adaptation From Lionsgate
- Showtime Casts Rachel Bloom's 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Pilot; Dominic Cooper Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'