The funeral episode hasn’t been filmed or scheduled yet, but TNT says it will happen at some point during the second season which begins next month. Larry Hagman, who reprised his role as the villainous J.R. Ewing from the original series, worked until his death and is expected to appear in the first six episodes of the 15-episode season. He died from complications of cancer last month while the show was on Thanksgiving break. The second season of Dallas is scheduled to debut on January 28.
‘Dallas’ Will Hold Funeral For J.R. Ewing
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Brad Pitt's Plan B To Receive PGA's 2015 Visionary Award
- 'The Omen' & 'The Krays' Billie Whitelaw Dead At 82
- UK Magician Troy Von Scheibner To Star In New Unscripted Series On Syfy
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return