The funeral episode hasn’t been filmed or scheduled yet, but TNT says it will happen at some point during the second season which begins next month. Larry Hagman, who reprised his role as the villainous J.R. Ewing from the original series, worked until his death and is expected to appear in the first six episodes of the 15-episode season. He died from complications of cancer last month while the show was on Thanksgiving break. The second season of Dallas is scheduled to debut on January 28.
‘Dallas’ Will Hold Funeral For J.R. Ewing
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'