EXCLUSIVE: From the network that made reality stars out of pageant toddlers and their moms comes a new series about moms who themselves compete in beauty contests. TLC, home of hit Toddles & Tiaras, has greenlighted Pageant Wives (working title), a new unscripted backdoor pilot/special that goes inside the world of the highly competitive Mrs. Pageant circuit in Denver. Pageant Wives revolves around five aspiring married pageant queens from the Denver area whose every waking moment is focused on primping and looking competition-ready as they devote their time, money, and family’s patience to do everything they can to win that coveted sash and crown. The cast of the project includes a pageant pro who fills her time with 300 appearances every year, some for titles she doesn’t even hold anymore; a lifelong hopeful who has yet to win a crown despite competing for 25 years; and a fiercely competitive pageant director who thinks she holds the reins over the entire circuit. Production on the backdoor pilot begins this month for a premiere next year. The project hails from LMNO Prods in association with Intuition Prods and Little Lamb Media.
TLC Orders ‘Pageant Wives’ Backdoor Pilot About Married Women In Beauty Pageants
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'