EXCLUSIVE: From the network that made reality stars out of pageant toddlers and their moms comes a new series about moms who themselves compete in beauty contests. TLC, home of hit Toddles & Tiaras, has greenlighted Pageant Wives (working title), a new unscripted backdoor pilot/special that goes inside the world of the highly competitive Mrs. Pageant circuit in Denver. Pageant Wives revolves around five aspiring married pageant queens from the Denver area whose every waking moment is focused on primping and looking competition-ready as they devote their time, money, and family’s patience to do everything they can to win that coveted sash and crown. The cast of the project includes a pageant pro who fills her time with 300 appearances every year, some for titles she doesn’t even hold anymore; a lifelong hopeful who has yet to win a crown despite competing for 25 years; and a fiercely competitive pageant director who thinks she holds the reins over the entire circuit. Production on the backdoor pilot begins this month for a premiere next year. The project hails from LMNO Prods in association with Intuition Prods and Little Lamb Media.
TLC Orders ‘Pageant Wives’ Backdoor Pilot About Married Women In Beauty Pageants
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign