EXCLUSIVE: From the network that made reality stars out of pageant toddlers and their moms comes a new series about moms who themselves compete in beauty contests. TLC, home of hit Toddles & Tiaras, has greenlighted Pageant Wives (working title), a new unscripted backdoor pilot/special that goes inside the world of the highly competitive Mrs. Pageant circuit in Denver. Pageant Wives revolves around five aspiring married pageant queens from the Denver area whose every waking moment is focused on primping and looking competition-ready as they devote their time, money, and family’s patience to do everything they can to win that coveted sash and crown. The cast of the project includes a pageant pro who fills her time with 300 appearances every year, some for titles she doesn’t even hold anymore; a lifelong hopeful who has yet to win a crown despite competing for 25 years; and a fiercely competitive pageant director who thinks she holds the reins over the entire circuit. Production on the backdoor pilot begins this month for a premiere next year. The project hails from LMNO Prods in association with Intuition Prods and Little Lamb Media.
TLC Orders ‘Pageant Wives’ Backdoor Pilot About Married Women In Beauty Pageants
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest TV News
- Max Greenfield Makes Reservation For ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’
- NASCAR 600 Ratings Slow Down, ‘Battle Creek’ Ends Even, ‘A.D.’ Ratings Dip
- Charter Nears $55B Deal To Buy Time Warner Cable: Reports
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82