In light of the school shootings in Newtown, Connecticut, TLC today shifted its Best Funeral Ever special to January 6. Best Funeral Ever was supposed to air December 27 but will now be broadcast after the Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Halloween special next month, the network confirmed today. The one-hour show follows the staff of the Golden Gate Funeral Home as they stage one-of-a-kind themed memorials. The network still may order a full series of the show if the special is successful. TLC’s date change comes as other networks spent the weekend rearranging programming or replacing potentially insensitive shows with repeats in the wake of the fatal events Friday at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
TLC Moves ‘Best Funeral Ever’ To January After School Shooting
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest TV News
- NASCAR 600 Ratings Slow Down, ‘Battle Creek’ Ends Even, ‘A.D.’ Ratings Dip
- Charter Nears $55B Deal To Buy Time Warner Cable: Reports
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”