In light of the school shootings in Newtown, Connecticut, TLC today shifted its Best Funeral Ever special to January 6. Best Funeral Ever was supposed to air December 27 but will now be broadcast after the Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Halloween special next month, the network confirmed today. The one-hour show follows the staff of the Golden Gate Funeral Home as they stage one-of-a-kind themed memorials. The network still may order a full series of the show if the special is successful. TLC’s date change comes as other networks spent the weekend rearranging programming or replacing potentially insensitive shows with repeats in the wake of the fatal events Friday at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
TLC Moves ‘Best Funeral Ever’ To January After School Shooting
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jack Reacher 2' Arm-Wrestling 'Madea' For No. 1; Audiences Aren't 'Keeping Up With The Joneses' - Midday Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Cyber Attack Was 'Malicious,' Homeland Security Monitoring As Twitter, Netflix Come Back Online - Updated
Latest TV News
- Netflix Emma Stone-Jonah Hill Series ‘Maniac’ From Cary Fukunaga Finds Writer
- ‘Bonus Family’ Comedy Based On Swedish Format Set At NBC From Mandeville TV
- ABC Buys Female Ensemble Comedy From ‘Faking It’ Creators
- Ellen Wong Joins Netflix’s ‘G.L.O.W.; ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Adds Sydney Morton
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- ABC Buys Couples Comedy From Amy Harris, Ben Silverman & Jordan Schur