In light of the school shootings in Newtown, Connecticut, TLC today shifted its Best Funeral Ever special to January 6. Best Funeral Ever was supposed to air December 27 but will now be broadcast after the Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Halloween special next month, the network confirmed today. The one-hour show follows the staff of the Golden Gate Funeral Home as they stage one-of-a-kind themed memorials. The network still may order a full series of the show if the special is successful. TLC’s date change comes as other networks spent the weekend rearranging programming or replacing potentially insensitive shows with repeats in the wake of the fatal events Friday at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
TLC Moves ‘Best Funeral Ever’ To January After School Shooting
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Alien: Covenant' Adds $30M In 2nd Frame; 'Dangal' Pins $100M+ In China; 'Guardians 2' At $733M WW - International Box Office
Are Comedies In Peril On The Big Screen & Headed To Streaming? Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler & 'Meyerowitz' Cast Sound Off - Cannes
Latest TV News
- John Oliver: Donald Trump’s Last Seven Days “Absolutely Insane”
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Review: WTF Was That?
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for Megyn Kelly’s New Sunday Magazine Show
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Fans in Italy Get Episodes Early Due to Sky Italia Gaffe
- Hugh Grant To Star In Stephen Frears’ ‘A Very English Scandal’ For BBC One
- Sasheer Zamata Exiting ‘Saturday Night Live’: Third Cast Member In Week