EXCLUSIVE: Starz has put in development Turf, a drama series project charting the birth of hip-hop from the violence of gang life in 1970s Bronx. It will be written by Patrick Macmanus. This marks the second sale for Macmanus, who also is co-writing with Grant Scharbo the CW’s Sleepy Hollow, an updated take on the headless horseman story. Macmanus, repped by CAA and Evolution Entertainment, currently lives in Zimbabwe where his wife works for the U.S. government. He was last on staff for Starz on Marco Polo and Noir before that.
Starz Developing Drama Series About The Birth Of Hip-Hop
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M+: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’ Weekend Update Shames Hollywood Gropers, Banishes Omarosa And Welcomes Sleazy Boat Guy
- Sam Rockwell To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ In January
- ‘SNL’: Alec Baldwin Ends War On Christmas As Omarosa Begs Forgiveness
- Gretchen Carlson To Former Fox Colleague Bill O’Reilly: “Who Are U Fooling?”
- XFL Return Rumored As WWE Head Vince McMahon Forms New Investment Venture
- ‘SNL’ Cast Member Pete Davidson Shows Off Hillary Clinton Tattoo