EXCLUSIVE: Starz has put in development Turf, a drama series project charting the birth of hip-hop from the violence of gang life in 1970s Bronx. It will be written by Patrick Macmanus. This marks the second sale for Macmanus, who also is co-writing with Grant Scharbo the CW’s Sleepy Hollow, an updated take on the headless horseman story. Macmanus, repped by CAA and Evolution Entertainment, currently lives in Zimbabwe where his wife works for the U.S. government. He was last on staff for Starz on Marco Polo and Noir before that.
Starz Developing Drama Series About The Birth Of Hip-Hop
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Cancelled
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'