EXCLUSIVE: Starz has put in development Turf, a drama series project charting the birth of hip-hop from the violence of gang life in 1970s Bronx. It will be written by Patrick Macmanus. This marks the second sale for Macmanus, who also is co-writing with Grant Scharbo the CW’s Sleepy Hollow, an updated take on the headless horseman story. Macmanus, repped by CAA and Evolution Entertainment, currently lives in Zimbabwe where his wife works for the U.S. government. He was last on staff for Starz on Marco Polo and Noir before that.
Starz Developing Drama Series About The Birth Of Hip-Hop
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot