Foo Fighters lead singer Dave Grohl‘s directorial debut pulls in all the biggies in this documentary about Van Nuys, CA-based Sound City. The iconic recording studio hosted pretty much every significant rock act over its 40-plus years before it was shuttered for not keeping up with the high-tech times. That list includes everyone from Tom Petty and Neil Young to Nirvana (Grohl was drummer for that band, of course, which recorded its iconic Nevermind album there), Guns N Roses, Nine Inch Nails and Metallica. Sound City just landed a spot in the Documentary Premieres section at Sundance, and there’s a soundtrack featuring new music created just for the film. With this lineup of talking head(bangers), how can that miss?
Hot Trailer: ‘Sound City’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Review: Ben Stiller’s Misguided Sequel Is A Fashion Disaster