It was already the biggest film of the year and the best 007 movie ever in the UK. Now, Skyfall has achieved yet another milestone to become the highest-grossing film ever in the territory. In 40 days of release, the 23rd James Bond movie has grossed £94,277,612 ($151,795,059) at the box office to overtake the previous record held by James Cameron’s Avatar, Eon Productions, MGM and Sony Pictures announced this morning. The Sam Mendes-directed Skyfall opened in 587 British theaters October 26 and has been breaking records ever since. Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli commented, “We’re overwhelmed with gratitude to the cinema-going audiences in the UK who have made Skyfall the highest-grossing film of all time. We are very proud of this film and thank everybody, especially Daniel Craig and Sam Mendes, who have contributed to its success.” As of Sunday, Skyfall‘s North American cume was $245.9M.
‘Skyfall’ Becomes UK’s Highest-Grossing Film Of All Time
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Tomorrowland' Bows With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M - International B.O.
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Box Office News
- Memorial Day B.O. Runs Cold: ‘Tomorrowland’ Is No Flying Car With $40.7M Bow – Second Sunday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $26.7M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $45.8M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- ‘Jurassic World’ Tracking Like ‘Man Of Steel’ – But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In…
- Swoosie Kurtz On ‘Mike & Molly,’ Mom And Her First Tony Award Nomination
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Limited Release While ‘Poltergeist’ Grabs Strong $1.4M – Box Office Thursday
- Jennifer Connelly & Cillian Murphy Go ‘Aloft’ – Specialty Box Office Preview