It was already the biggest film of the year and the best 007 movie ever in the UK. Now, Skyfall has achieved yet another milestone to become the highest-grossing film ever in the territory. In 40 days of release, the 23rd James Bond movie has grossed £94,277,612 ($151,795,059) at the box office to overtake the previous record held by James Cameron’s Avatar, Eon Productions, MGM and Sony Pictures announced this morning. The Sam Mendes-directed Skyfall opened in 587 British theaters October 26 and has been breaking records ever since. Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli commented, “We’re overwhelmed with gratitude to the cinema-going audiences in the UK who have made Skyfall the highest-grossing film of all time. We are very proud of this film and thank everybody, especially Daniel Craig and Sam Mendes, who have contributed to its success.” As of Sunday, Skyfall‘s North American cume was $245.9M.
‘Skyfall’ Becomes UK’s Highest-Grossing Film Of All Time
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' Scares Off 'Jack Reacher' For No. 1; 'Joneses' Opening Lower Than 'Masterminds' - Sat. Afternoon Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Latest Box Office News
- What Happened To ‘The Joneses’ At The Box Office?
- ‘Madea’ Scares Off ‘Jack Reacher’ For No. 1; ‘Joneses’ Opening Lower Than ‘Masterminds’ – Sat…
- ‘Burn This’ Broadway Revival With Jake Gyllenhaal Postponed Until 2017-2018
- Michael Moore Trumps Weekend Buzz; Leonardo DiCaprio Floats 'Before the Flood' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ’13 Going On 30′ Going To Broadway; Revolution Preps Musical Take On 2004 Hit
- Nathan Lane’s The News In Scott Rudin’s Star-Packed ‘Front Page’ Revival