It was already the biggest film of the year and the best 007 movie ever in the UK. Now, Skyfall has achieved yet another milestone to become the highest-grossing film ever in the territory. In 40 days of release, the 23rd James Bond movie has grossed £94,277,612 ($151,795,059) at the box office to overtake the previous record held by James Cameron’s Avatar, Eon Productions, MGM and Sony Pictures announced this morning. The Sam Mendes-directed Skyfall opened in 587 British theaters October 26 and has been breaking records ever since. Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli commented, “We’re overwhelmed with gratitude to the cinema-going audiences in the UK who have made Skyfall the highest-grossing film of all time. We are very proud of this film and thank everybody, especially Daniel Craig and Sam Mendes, who have contributed to its success.” As of Sunday, Skyfall‘s North American cume was $245.9M.
‘Skyfall’ Becomes UK’s Highest-Grossing Film Of All Time
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest Box Office News
- ‘The Martian’ Poised To Kick ‘Gravity’ Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; ‘The Walk’ +81% On Saturday – Late…
- ‘Lost In Hong Kong’ Rises To $167M+ After Only 7 Days In China — Int’l Box Office
- Mezzanine Maniac Musses Keira Knightley’s Broadway Bow
- ‘Waitress’ Musical By Sara Bareilles Books Broadway’s Brooks Atkinson Theatre
- Julianne Moore, Ellen Page, Vincent Cassel & Malala Starring In This Weekend's Newcomers: Specialty Preview
- ‘Southpaw’ Starring Jake Gyllenhaal Returning To Theaters Friday Via The Weinstein Company