“Everyone was writing our obituary” a few years ago when Showtime cut back on theatrical films and filled more air time with original shows, CEO Matt Blank tells Bloomberg Television today. But with shows such as Dexter and Homeland setting ratings records at the network, and movies becoming more ubiquitous, “they’re not writing our obituary anymore.”
Showtime CEO Says Hit Series Help Validate Strategy: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Business News
- Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight Delayed By Widespread Cable & Satellite Outages – Update
- Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight Nets $400M For HBO/Showtime; Hollywood Comes Big
- David Goldberg Dies: Silicon Valley Entrepreneur, SurveyMonkey CEO, Husband Of Facebook COO
- Universal Reaches $26M Settlement Over Home Video Royalties Class Action
- Charter Chief Considers Adding Netflix And Skinny Bundles – And TWC?
- Tony! Nominations! Put Ads (And Even Some Artists!) In Broadway’s Spotlight!