“Everyone was writing our obituary” a few years ago when Showtime cut back on theatrical films and filled more air time with original shows, CEO Matt Blank tells Bloomberg Television today. But with shows such as Dexter and Homeland setting ratings records at the network, and movies becoming more ubiquitous, “they’re not writing our obituary anymore.”
Showtime CEO Says Hit Series Help Validate Strategy: Video
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Does Alibaba Plan To Take Control Of Lionsgate?
- FCC Postpones Auction Of Broadcast TV Spectrum To 2016
- When Will Big Hollywood Studios Aggressively Produce Original Shows For Digital TV?
- AMC Networks And BBC Chiefs On The Future Of BBC America
- AMC Networks Pays $200M For 49.9% Of BBC America
- Amazon Shares Fall After Q3 Losses Exceed Expectations