Sean Bean has been cast as the lead in TNT’s drama pilot Legends executive produced by Homeland‘s Howard Gordon. The Game Of Thrones alum replaces Brendon Fraser, who was originally cast in the role but exited the project last month. Based on the novel by Robert Littell, Legends centers on Martin Odum (Bean), a deep-cover operative who has an uncanny ability to transform himself into a different person for each job. Gordon, Jeffrey Nachmanoff and Mark Bomback developed Legends, which is produced by Fox 21. No stranger to tough guy roles, Bean played Eddard Stark on the first season of HBO’s Game Of Thrones. Among his other roles, the British actor played Boromir in Peter Jackson’s The Lord Of The Rings trilogy. As was announced at this year’s Toronto Film Festival, Bean is set to star in Scorched Earth, a post-apocalyptic action film that 24’s Brad Turner will direct. Bean is repped by CAA and Independent Talent Group.
Sean Bean To Star In TNT Pilot ‘Legends’
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup