Sean Bean has been cast as the lead in TNT’s drama pilot Legends executive produced by Homeland‘s Howard Gordon. The Game Of Thrones alum replaces Brendon Fraser, who was originally cast in the role but exited the project last month. Based on the novel by Robert Littell, Legends centers on Martin Odum (Bean), a deep-cover operative who has an uncanny ability to transform himself into a different person for each job. Gordon, Jeffrey Nachmanoff and Mark Bomback developed Legends, which is produced by Fox 21. No stranger to tough guy roles, Bean played Eddard Stark on the first season of HBO’s Game Of Thrones. Among his other roles, the British actor played Boromir in Peter Jackson’s The Lord Of The Rings trilogy. As was announced at this year’s Toronto Film Festival, Bean is set to star in Scorched Earth, a post-apocalyptic action film that 24’s Brad Turner will direct. Bean is repped by CAA and Independent Talent Group.
Sean Bean To Star In TNT Pilot ‘Legends’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?
- Aisha Hinds To Star As Harriet Tubman In ‘Underground’ Season 2
- Michael Phelps Dives Into ‘America’s Got Talent’ Co-Hosting Gig Tonight
- BBC America To Air ‘Star Trek’ Marathon In Runup To ‘Dirk Gently’ Premiere
- Leslie Jones Attacked Online Again As Website Hacked, Info Exposed