Sean Bean has been cast as the lead in TNT’s drama pilot Legends executive produced by Homeland‘s Howard Gordon. The Game Of Thrones alum replaces Brendon Fraser, who was originally cast in the role but exited the project last month. Based on the novel by Robert Littell, Legends centers on Martin Odum (Bean), a deep-cover operative who has an uncanny ability to transform himself into a different person for each job. Gordon, Jeffrey Nachmanoff and Mark Bomback developed Legends, which is produced by Fox 21. No stranger to tough guy roles, Bean played Eddard Stark on the first season of HBO’s Game Of Thrones. Among his other roles, the British actor played Boromir in Peter Jackson’s The Lord Of The Rings trilogy. As was announced at this year’s Toronto Film Festival, Bean is set to star in Scorched Earth, a post-apocalyptic action film that 24’s Brad Turner will direct. Bean is repped by CAA and Independent Talent Group.
Sean Bean To Star In TNT Pilot ‘Legends’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over