Really eager early birds could have gotten an advanced peak at some of the 2012 Screen Actors Guild Awards nominees this morning thanks to a leak on SAG’s own website. “We are aware of this matter. There appears to have been a technical glitch with the website uploading process and we are working with our vendor to resolve the problem,” said SAG-AFTRA spokesperson Pam Greenwalt in a statement today. The official list of the 19th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards nominees was released around 6:09 this morning after the nominations were read live on TV. However, the “glitch” issue, as reported by the LA Times, meant that earlier in the morning a search of certain film, series or actors’ names on the SAG Awards website would reveal if they were going to be a nominee. It seems that in the testing and prepping earlier this week for this morning’s official nominations announcement, a level of security was mistakenly left transparent on the search function within the SAG Awards site, Deadline has learned. While the leaked nominated names started popping up online and on Twitter around 4:30 AM, a full list of the SAG Award nominees was never posted on the official site prematurely. SAG is investigating how the self-described “glitch” happened.
SAG Awards Says Leaked Noms Were A Tech “Glitch”
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest Awards News
- Gotham Awards Nominations: ‘Manchester By The Sea’, ‘Moonlight’ Lead Way
- Uh-Oh, Older White Male Contenders Are Piling Into A Diverse Awards Season
- Hollywood Film Awards To Honor Tom Ford, Marc Platt & Kenneth Lonergan
- Ben Mendelsohn And Benedict Andrews Discuss ‘Una’: “I Haven’t Reacted Like That To A Script In A Long Time”…
- Jon Favreau To Receive Cinema Audio Society Filmmaker Award
- International Emmys Create Short-Form Series Category For 2017; Announce Kids Nominees