Beth Hoppe replaces John Wilson as chief programming executive and general manager, general audience programming, according to an internal memo obtained by The New York Times. Hoppe joined PBS in August 2011 as a vice president in programming following a stint at Discovery Studios, the production arm of Discovery cable network, and at New York public television station WNET. Wilson is moving to a new job as senior VP, pledge strategy and special projects.
PBS Ups VP Beth Hoppe To Head of Programming
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Red Band Society' Bus Ads Pulled Over Offensive Language Referring To Octavia Spencer
- Hot Trailer: Christoph Waltz & Amy Adams In Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- Fox Moves 'Assassin's Creed' Out of 2015; Sets 'Deadpool' For Feb. 2016
- Ruben Fleischer, David Bernad & Justin Spitzer Sell Workplace Comedy To NBC
- Tech Titan Larry Ellison Steps Down As Oracle CEO
- R.I.P. Publicist Bob Palmer