Jane Eyre producer and Saving Mr. Banks executive producer Paul Trijbits has been brought on to exec produce The Casual Vacancy TV series that’s being mounted by The Blair Partnership and the BBC. Trijbits is the former managing director of London-based Ruby Film and Television. BBC One and BBC Drama said earlier this month that J.K. Rowling‘s first post-Harry Potter novel would be broken out into a series whose number and length of episodes will be determined once the creative adaptation process has formally begun. Trijbits will manage the production and appoint a writer. The story is set in a seemingly perfect English village whose pretty façade hides a town at war. Rowling will collaborate closely on the project, which is expected to air in 2014. Neil Blair and Rick Senat of Blair Partnership will be series executive producers. Trijbits’ other recent credits include Dancing On The Edge, a six-part drama that will air on BBC Two starting in late January.
BBC Adaptation Of J.K. Rowling’s ‘The Casual Vacancy’ Finds Exec Producer
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Kristin Scott Thomas Crowned Queen For New West End Run Of 'The Audience'
- Wild Bunch Opens Window On Pan-European Digital Distribution: AFM
- Sony Posts Wider Q2 Loss, Beats Estimates On Strong PlayStation4 Sales
- Bette Midler Wings Way To First UK TV Special; ITV To Feature Songs & Sit-Down
- Alex Garland's 'Ex Machina' Gives New Life To Artificial Intelligence: Hot Trailer
- Undaunted, Hong Kong Stars Court China Ire With Occupy Central Support