Jane Eyre producer and Saving Mr. Banks executive producer Paul Trijbits has been brought on to exec produce The Casual Vacancy TV series that’s being mounted by The Blair Partnership and the BBC. Trijbits is the former managing director of London-based Ruby Film and Television. BBC One and BBC Drama said earlier this month that J.K. Rowling‘s first post-Harry Potter novel would be broken out into a series whose number and length of episodes will be determined once the creative adaptation process has formally begun. Trijbits will manage the production and appoint a writer. The story is set in a seemingly perfect English village whose pretty façade hides a town at war. Rowling will collaborate closely on the project, which is expected to air in 2014. Neil Blair and Rick Senat of Blair Partnership will be series executive producers. Trijbits’ other recent credits include Dancing On The Edge, a six-part drama that will air on BBC Two starting in late January.
BBC Adaptation Of J.K. Rowling’s ‘The Casual Vacancy’ Finds Exec Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest International News
- Rosamund Pike, Daniel Bruhl & Vincent Cassel In Talks To Board Jose Padilha’s ‘Entebbe’
- Sony Pictures Division Hit By Losses In Quarterly Earnings
- ‘Swiss Army Man’ Gets Theatrical Release In The UK
- Turkey PM Recep Ergdodan Cracks Down On Media Following Failed Coup
- Pinewood Studios In $425 Million Takeover Deal With U.S. Property Fund Venus Grafton
- Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz…