Jane Eyre producer and Saving Mr. Banks executive producer Paul Trijbits has been brought on to exec produce The Casual Vacancy TV series that’s being mounted by The Blair Partnership and the BBC. Trijbits is the former managing director of London-based Ruby Film and Television. BBC One and BBC Drama said earlier this month that J.K. Rowling‘s first post-Harry Potter novel would be broken out into a series whose number and length of episodes will be determined once the creative adaptation process has formally begun. Trijbits will manage the production and appoint a writer. The story is set in a seemingly perfect English village whose pretty façade hides a town at war. Rowling will collaborate closely on the project, which is expected to air in 2014. Neil Blair and Rick Senat of Blair Partnership will be series executive producers. Trijbits’ other recent credits include Dancing On The Edge, a six-part drama that will air on BBC Two starting in late January.
BBC Adaptation Of J.K. Rowling’s ‘The Casual Vacancy’ Finds Exec Producer
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Boss David Abraham Says UK TV Biz Showing U.S. How It's Done
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Orders North Korea Political Thriller By Matt Charman
- Edinburgh: Judi Dench & More Join Benedict Cumberbatch In BBC Two's 'Richard III'
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Joins Acquisition Bandwagon With Stakes In 4 Indies
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC Unveils 'Doctor Who' Web Series; 'Coronation Street' & 'Emmerdale' Staying On Aussie TV Into 2020