Jane Eyre producer and Saving Mr. Banks executive producer Paul Trijbits has been brought on to exec produce The Casual Vacancy TV series that’s being mounted by The Blair Partnership and the BBC. Trijbits is the former managing director of London-based Ruby Film and Television. BBC One and BBC Drama said earlier this month that J.K. Rowling‘s first post-Harry Potter novel would be broken out into a series whose number and length of episodes will be determined once the creative adaptation process has formally begun. Trijbits will manage the production and appoint a writer. The story is set in a seemingly perfect English village whose pretty façade hides a town at war. Rowling will collaborate closely on the project, which is expected to air in 2014. Neil Blair and Rick Senat of Blair Partnership will be series executive producers. Trijbits’ other recent credits include Dancing On The Edge, a six-part drama that will air on BBC Two starting in late January.
BBC Adaptation Of J.K. Rowling’s ‘The Casual Vacancy’ Finds Exec Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest International News
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Shoots To $38.7M In 2 Days At Offshore Box Office
- ’10 Cloverfield Lane’ Director Dan Trachtenberg To Helm ‘Black Mirror’ Ep For Netflix
- Penelope Cruz To Star In Adaptation Of Lisa Zeidner Novel ‘Layover’ – Cannes
- Why Did Comcast Buy DreamWorks Animation? Because It Can
- Alicia Vikander Cast As Lara Croft In ‘Tomb Raider’
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Blasts Off With $14.9M On Day One Overseas