Jane Eyre producer and Saving Mr. Banks executive producer Paul Trijbits has been brought on to exec produce The Casual Vacancy TV series that’s being mounted by The Blair Partnership and the BBC. Trijbits is the former managing director of London-based Ruby Film and Television. BBC One and BBC Drama said earlier this month that J.K. Rowling‘s first post-Harry Potter novel would be broken out into a series whose number and length of episodes will be determined once the creative adaptation process has formally begun. Trijbits will manage the production and appoint a writer. The story is set in a seemingly perfect English village whose pretty façade hides a town at war. Rowling will collaborate closely on the project, which is expected to air in 2014. Neil Blair and Rick Senat of Blair Partnership will be series executive producers. Trijbits’ other recent credits include Dancing On The Edge, a six-part drama that will air on BBC Two starting in late January.
BBC Adaptation Of J.K. Rowling’s ‘The Casual Vacancy’ Finds Exec Producer
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Tartaglione
- Cast Set For BBC & Carnival's 'Game Of Thrones'-Style Epic 'The Last Kingdom'
- Canada's Bell Media Takes 'Manhattan' As SVOD Service Ramps Up To Rival Netflix
- Carey Mulligan, Matthias Schoenaerts In 'Far From The Madding Crowd': Hot Trailer
- ITV Orders Period 'Jekyll & Hyde' Action/Drama Rife With CGI Monsters
- 'Mockingjay', 'Interstellar' Fly High At International Box Office: Update
- 'Jurassic World': The Park Is Open In Hot Teaser To Trailer