Artist Terence Nance’s debut feature premiered in the New Frontiers section of this year’s Sundance Film Festival and won the Best Film Not Playing At A Theater Near You prize last month at the Gotham Awards. Cinema Guild has acquired U.S. home video, digital and non-theatrical distribution rights to An Oversimplification of Her Beauty, which uses live action and animation documents the relationship between Terence and a woman (Namik Minter) as it teeters on the divide between platonic and romantic. Nance also wrote the music; Jay-Z is among the executive producers. The filmmakers will release Oversimplification theatrically early next year, followed by the VOD and digital rollout. The deal was negotiated by Ryan Krivoshey of Cinema Guild with Traction Media and legal handled by André Des Rochers of Gray Krauss Strafford Des Rochers.
Cinema Guild Acquires Gotham Winner ‘An Oversimplification Of Her Beauty’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM