Artist Terence Nance’s debut feature premiered in the New Frontiers section of this year’s Sundance Film Festival and won the Best Film Not Playing At A Theater Near You prize last month at the Gotham Awards. Cinema Guild has acquired U.S. home video, digital and non-theatrical distribution rights to An Oversimplification of Her Beauty, which uses live action and animation documents the relationship between Terence and a woman (Namik Minter) as it teeters on the divide between platonic and romantic. Nance also wrote the music; Jay-Z is among the executive producers. The filmmakers will release Oversimplification theatrically early next year, followed by the VOD and digital rollout. The deal was negotiated by Ryan Krivoshey of Cinema Guild with Traction Media and legal handled by André Des Rochers of Gray Krauss Strafford Des Rochers.
Cinema Guild Acquires Gotham Winner ‘An Oversimplification Of Her Beauty’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot