Artist Terence Nance’s debut feature premiered in the New Frontiers section of this year’s Sundance Film Festival and won the Best Film Not Playing At A Theater Near You prize last month at the Gotham Awards. Cinema Guild has acquired U.S. home video, digital and non-theatrical distribution rights to An Oversimplification of Her Beauty, which uses live action and animation documents the relationship between Terence and a woman (Namik Minter) as it teeters on the divide between platonic and romantic. Nance also wrote the music; Jay-Z is among the executive producers. The filmmakers will release Oversimplification theatrically early next year, followed by the VOD and digital rollout. The deal was negotiated by Ryan Krivoshey of Cinema Guild with Traction Media and legal handled by André Des Rochers of Gray Krauss Strafford Des Rochers.
Cinema Guild Acquires Gotham Winner ‘An Oversimplification Of Her Beauty’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl Box…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun. AM…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency