Artist Terence Nance’s debut feature premiered in the New Frontiers section of this year’s Sundance Film Festival and won the Best Film Not Playing At A Theater Near You prize last month at the Gotham Awards. Cinema Guild has acquired U.S. home video, digital and non-theatrical distribution rights to An Oversimplification of Her Beauty, which uses live action and animation documents the relationship between Terence and a woman (Namik Minter) as it teeters on the divide between platonic and romantic. Nance also wrote the music; Jay-Z is among the executive producers. The filmmakers will release Oversimplification theatrically early next year, followed by the VOD and digital rollout. The deal was negotiated by Ryan Krivoshey of Cinema Guild with Traction Media and legal handled by André Des Rochers of Gray Krauss Strafford Des Rochers.
Cinema Guild Acquires Gotham Winner ‘An Oversimplification Of Her Beauty’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Hulu Renews 'Mindy Project' For Season 5, Orders New Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Election Special & More - Upfront
Latest Film News
- Daisy Ridley & Naomi Watts In Final Talks To Star In ‘Ophelia’; Covert Media Aboard New Take On ‘Hamlet…
- ‘Don’t Think Twice’ Gets Summer Release Date
- SAG Awards 2017 Set For January 29; Will Air Live On TNT & TBS
- Charlie Hunnam Tapping Inner Steve McQueen In ‘Papillon’ Remake?
- Millennium Films Lands ‘Victim 321’ With ‘Zero Hour’ Helmer Diego Velasco; As ‘London Has Fallen…
- ‘Big Bad Wolves’ Helmers Aharon Keshales & Navot Papushado Exit Bruce Willis ‘Death Wish’ Remake