Artist Terence Nance’s debut feature premiered in the New Frontiers section of this year’s Sundance Film Festival and won the Best Film Not Playing At A Theater Near You prize last month at the Gotham Awards. Cinema Guild has acquired U.S. home video, digital and non-theatrical distribution rights to An Oversimplification of Her Beauty, which uses live action and animation documents the relationship between Terence and a woman (Namik Minter) as it teeters on the divide between platonic and romantic. Nance also wrote the music; Jay-Z is among the executive producers. The filmmakers will release Oversimplification theatrically early next year, followed by the VOD and digital rollout. The deal was negotiated by Ryan Krivoshey of Cinema Guild with Traction Media and legal handled by André Des Rochers of Gray Krauss Strafford Des Rochers.
Cinema Guild Acquires Gotham Winner ‘An Oversimplification Of Her Beauty’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'