The spaghetti western namesake of Quentin Tarantino’s new movie is booked into select theaters, including the New Beverly in Los Angeles and Film Forum in New York, a few days ahead of Django Unchained, which debuts December 25th. Sergio Corbucci’s 1966 Django opens December 21st via Rialto Pictures. Franco Nero plays the title character — “a coffin-dragging gunslinger” caught between the KKK and a gang of Mexican bandits. Jamie Foxx plays Django — “the D is silent” — in Tarantino’s tale of a slave who teams with a bounty hunter (Christolph Waltz) to save his wife (Kerry Washington) from the clutches of a wicked plantation owner (Leonardo DiCaprio).
Original ‘Django’ Hits Theaters Dec. 21
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'