NBC has put in the last piece in its midseason scheduling puzzle, slotting the second season of reality competition series Fashion Star for a March 8 premiere and a run in the Friday 8 PM time period. The premiere of Fashion Star will lead into the spring return of Grimm at 9 PM after a two-month hiatus. NBC left the Friday 8 PM slot TBD in its recent midseason announcements despite wide speculation that Fashion Star had been earmarked for the hour. I hear that there was an issue with the retailers who sell the outfits from each episode if the series aired on Fridays. Fashion Star‘s first season ran on Tuesday. The store chains partnered with the show this season are returning giants Macy’s and Saks Fifth Avenue as well as Express in for H&M. Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos are back as celebrity mentors, with Louise Roe replacing creator/executive producer Elle Macpherson as host. The Friday 8 PM hour is becoming a preferred slot for unscripted programming, featuring CBS’ Undercover Boss, Fox’s Kitchen Nightmares, until recently ABC’s Shark Tank, and starting in March, NBC’s Fashion Star.
NBC’s ‘Fashion Star’ Gets Friday Berth
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- MTV ‘True Life’ Episode To Focus On Orlando Shooting Survivors
- Donald Trump Takes To Reddit; Tim Kaine Talks To Telemundo Tonight
- ‘The Get Down’ Trailer: Baz Luhrmann’s Netflix Music-Driven Drama Follows Rise Of Hip Hop In 1970s New York
- Discovery Communications Ad Sales Chief Joe Abruzzese To Retire At Year End
- John Oliver Roasts Donald Trump’s RNC As Controversy Roils DNC Opening
- Netflix Lands Global Streaming Rights To FX’s ‘American Crime Story’