NBC has put in the last piece in its midseason scheduling puzzle, slotting the second season of reality competition series Fashion Star for a March 8 premiere and a run in the Friday 8 PM time period. The premiere of Fashion Star will lead into the spring return of Grimm at 9 PM after a two-month hiatus. NBC left the Friday 8 PM slot TBD in its recent midseason announcements despite wide speculation that Fashion Star had been earmarked for the hour. I hear that there was an issue with the retailers who sell the outfits from each episode if the series aired on Fridays. Fashion Star‘s first season ran on Tuesday. The store chains partnered with the show this season are returning giants Macy’s and Saks Fifth Avenue as well as Express in for H&M. Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos are back as celebrity mentors, with Louise Roe replacing creator/executive producer Elle Macpherson as host. The Friday 8 PM hour is becoming a preferred slot for unscripted programming, featuring CBS’ Undercover Boss, Fox’s Kitchen Nightmares, until recently ABC’s Shark Tank, and starting in March, NBC’s Fashion Star.
NBC’s ‘Fashion Star’ Gets Friday Berth
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate