EXCLUSIVE: NBC has given Whitney a pickup for 3 additional episodes, bringing its second-season order to 16 episodes. In May, the multi-camera comedy received a 13-episode second-season. It was originally scheduled to air in the Friday 8 PM slot but in October it was upgraded to the higher-profile Wednesday 8 PM berth, which it previously occupied. Then early last month, before Whitney‘s second season had premiered, the show was given an order for five more scripts. Now that order has been converted into 3 episodes. The back order comes as Whitney‘s fifth episode of the season last night drew a 1.4/4 in 18-49, matching its season high and up 8% versus last week while most other shows were down. It was the series’ second consecutive week-to-week gain. Whitney joins its time slot mate, fellow multi-camera comedy Guys With Kids, which also received a partial back order, 4 episodes, though the freshman debuted two months before Whitney.
NBC Orders 3 More Episodes Of ‘Whitney’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive