EXCLUSIVE: NBC has given Whitney a pickup for 3 additional episodes, bringing its second-season order to 16 episodes. In May, the multi-camera comedy received a 13-episode second-season. It was originally scheduled to air in the Friday 8 PM slot but in October it was upgraded to the higher-profile Wednesday 8 PM berth, which it previously occupied. Then early last month, before Whitney‘s second season had premiered, the show was given an order for five more scripts. Now that order has been converted into 3 episodes. The back order comes as Whitney‘s fifth episode of the season last night drew a 1.4/4 in 18-49, matching its season high and up 8% versus last week while most other shows were down. It was the series’ second consecutive week-to-week gain. Whitney joins its time slot mate, fellow multi-camera comedy Guys With Kids, which also received a partial back order, 4 episodes, though the freshman debuted two months before Whitney.
NBC Orders 3 More Episodes Of ‘Whitney’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- Kwame Patterson Joins TNT Pilot ‘Monsters Of God’
- Wendi McLendon-Covey Teams With ‘The McCarthys’ Creator For ABC Hotel Comedy Based On Her Experiences
- Nielsen Set To Measure Out-Of-Home TV Viewing For First Time
- ‘Red Oaks’ Appropriately Channels The ’80s In Faux TV Promo
- Donald Trump’s Debate 3 Performance Outstrips Cubs Game To Win Social Race
- ABC Buys Friends Comedy From ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Co-EP Christina Lee