EXCLUSIVE: NBC has given Whitney a pickup for 3 additional episodes, bringing its second-season order to 16 episodes. In May, the multi-camera comedy received a 13-episode second-season. It was originally scheduled to air in the Friday 8 PM slot but in October it was upgraded to the higher-profile Wednesday 8 PM berth, which it previously occupied. Then early last month, before Whitney‘s second season had premiered, the show was given an order for five more scripts. Now that order has been converted into 3 episodes. The back order comes as Whitney‘s fifth episode of the season last night drew a 1.4/4 in 18-49, matching its season high and up 8% versus last week while most other shows were down. It was the series’ second consecutive week-to-week gain. Whitney joins its time slot mate, fellow multi-camera comedy Guys With Kids, which also received a partial back order, 4 episodes, though the freshman debuted two months before Whitney.
NBC Orders 3 More Episodes Of ‘Whitney’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Miami Cop Drama From Dean Georgaris & Mark Gordon
- 'Stalker' Starts OK, 'Black-ish' Drops In Week 2, 'Criminal Minds' Solid In Return – Ratings Rat Race
- USA Network Renews 'Satisfaction', Cancels 'Rush'
- Nielsen Mystery: Why Are ABC's Fast National Ratings Grossly Underreported?
- TV Land Picks Up 'Impastor' & 'Teachers' To Series
- 'Utopia' Moves To Friday, Replaced By 'MasterChef Junior' On Tuesday