Producers Alex Garcia and Lucas Akoskin announced today the formation of BN Films. Working off a $150 million production fund, the Mexico City- and Santa Monica-based company aims to offer an annual slate of six to 12 movies. “We are fortunate to be working with some of the top international filmmakers in the world, and we look forward to sharing our multilingual films with audiences worldwide,” said Garcia, a Mexican financier, and Argentine producer Akoskin today. The duo also announced that Katrina Wolfe would serve as the company’s President of Production. Wolfe, a former SVP Production and Casting at Dimension Films, will be based out of Santa Monica. BN Films already has seven film completed, the company says. Those movies include El Cartel De Los Sapos (The Snitch Cartel), Colombia’s official entry in the 2013 Foreign Languag Film Oscar race; and Words With Gods, the first installment in BN’s short film anthology The Heartbeat Of The World series. The Jesuit, another film by BN Films, is currently in production in Mexico, written by Taxi Driver scribe Paul Schrader. Mexico’s LatAM Distribution will be in charge of BN’s Latin American sales.
Multilingual BN Films Formed With $150M Production Fund
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest Film News
- ‘Superfly’ Helmer Director X On Making An Action Film That Is “An Escape With Melanin”…
- Sam Rockwell Joins Scarlett Johansson In ‘Jojo Rabbit’
- Charles Bohl Dies: ‘Swimfan’ Writer Also Penned Telefilms
- Hot Cannes Title: BLOOM To Sell International On Julius Onah-Helmed ‘Luce’
- Big Tribeca Deal: Apple Pays 7-Figures For Ed Sheeran Documentary ‘Songwriter’
- Verve Launches Publishing Division And Hires Lit Agent Liz Parker To Run It