It was time. Despite a blanket campaign surrounding the final season of MTV‘s Jersey Shore, the former ratings juggernaut whimpered to the finish line. Last night’s series finale drew 3.1 million viewers, a third of the audiences the reality series commanded in its heyday. It was up 55% from last week’s episode but down 33% from the current season’s premiere and the lowest-rated season finale ever. Among adults 12-34, the Jersey Shore finale posted a still-potent 2.8 rating. Besides turning around the MTV fortunes and becoming an instant pop culture phenomenon when it burst into the scene in 2009, Jersey Shore spawned two spinoff series: Snooki & JWoww, which was renewed for a second season, and The Paulie D Project, which is unlikely to return.
MTV’s ‘Jersey Shore’ Soft In Series Finale
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest TV News
- Telemundo Responds To SAG-AFTRA’s Accusation Of Censorship For Not Airing Ad Critical Of NBCUniversal
- ‘Adam Ruins Everything’ Including The Oscars – With A Little Help From Pete Hammond
- AT&T, HBO Ink All-Platform Content Deal; Programming Set For OTT Service
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Donald Trump’s Doctor Explains “Astonishingly Healthy” Medical Record To NBC News
- NBC Buys Modern-Day Noah’s Ark Drama Produced By Robert Zemeckis