It was time. Despite a blanket campaign surrounding the final season of MTV‘s Jersey Shore, the former ratings juggernaut whimpered to the finish line. Last night’s series finale drew 3.1 million viewers, a third of the audiences the reality series commanded in its heyday. It was up 55% from last week’s episode but down 33% from the current season’s premiere and the lowest-rated season finale ever. Among adults 12-34, the Jersey Shore finale posted a still-potent 2.8 rating. Besides turning around the MTV fortunes and becoming an instant pop culture phenomenon when it burst into the scene in 2009, Jersey Shore spawned two spinoff series: Snooki & JWoww, which was renewed for a second season, and The Paulie D Project, which is unlikely to return.
MTV’s ‘Jersey Shore’ Soft In Series Finale
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'
- Tracy Katsky Lines Up Six Comedy Sales, Extends Deal With Kapital Entertainment
- TBS Orders 'Wrecked' Deserted Island Comedy Pilot That Echoes 'Lost'
- Peter Jacobson, Alex Neustaedter & Gonzalo Menendez Join USA Pilot 'Colony'
- 'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC