It was time. Despite a blanket campaign surrounding the final season of MTV‘s Jersey Shore, the former ratings juggernaut whimpered to the finish line. Last night’s series finale drew 3.1 million viewers, a third of the audiences the reality series commanded in its heyday. It was up 55% from last week’s episode but down 33% from the current season’s premiere and the lowest-rated season finale ever. Among adults 12-34, the Jersey Shore finale posted a still-potent 2.8 rating. Besides turning around the MTV fortunes and becoming an instant pop culture phenomenon when it burst into the scene in 2009, Jersey Shore spawned two spinoff series: Snooki & JWoww, which was renewed for a second season, and The Paulie D Project, which is unlikely to return.
MTV’s ‘Jersey Shore’ Soft In Series Finale
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?
- Stephen Hopkins To Direct Fox Pilot ‘The Beast’; Jason Ensler To Helm NBC’s ‘Redliners’
- Dylan McDermott To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot 'LA -> Vegas'
- ‘Instinct’ CBS Pilot Casts Daniel Ings; NBC’s ‘Spaced Out’ Adds Brett Goldstein
- ‘24: Legacy’ Producers Apologize For Use Of 2013 Nairobi Terror Attack Footage