It was time. Despite a blanket campaign surrounding the final season of MTV‘s Jersey Shore, the former ratings juggernaut whimpered to the finish line. Last night’s series finale drew 3.1 million viewers, a third of the audiences the reality series commanded in its heyday. It was up 55% from last week’s episode but down 33% from the current season’s premiere and the lowest-rated season finale ever. Among adults 12-34, the Jersey Shore finale posted a still-potent 2.8 rating. Besides turning around the MTV fortunes and becoming an instant pop culture phenomenon when it burst into the scene in 2009, Jersey Shore spawned two spinoff series: Snooki & JWoww, which was renewed for a second season, and The Paulie D Project, which is unlikely to return.
MTV’s ‘Jersey Shore’ Soft In Series Finale
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'