It was time. Despite a blanket campaign surrounding the final season of MTV‘s Jersey Shore, the former ratings juggernaut whimpered to the finish line. Last night’s series finale drew 3.1 million viewers, a third of the audiences the reality series commanded in its heyday. It was up 55% from last week’s episode but down 33% from the current season’s premiere and the lowest-rated season finale ever. Among adults 12-34, the Jersey Shore finale posted a still-potent 2.8 rating. Besides turning around the MTV fortunes and becoming an instant pop culture phenomenon when it burst into the scene in 2009, Jersey Shore spawned two spinoff series: Snooki & JWoww, which was renewed for a second season, and The Paulie D Project, which is unlikely to return.
MTV’s ‘Jersey Shore’ Soft In Series Finale
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- ‘Making History’: Fox Cuts Order Of Midseason Comedy Series To 9 Episodes
- Tribune Media Extends Food Network Partnership With Scripps Networks
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing
- Bob Greenblatt: ‘The Voice,’ ‘This Is Us’ Are The “Antidote To The World We Live In”
- NBC Plans ‘Bye Bye, Birdie’ Starring Jennifer Lopez For 2017 Live Musical
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”