Just over a month after it debuted, MTV announced today that Catfish: The TV Show will be coming back for a second season in 2013. Based on the 2010 documentary Catfish, the show debuted on November 12. Last month Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman singled out the 11 PM premiere of Catfish: The TV Show as having had ”the highest-rated launch in MTV history.” With Nev Schulman, whose own online love drama was the basis of the 2010 doc, and filmmaker Max Joseph as hosts, Catfish: The TV Show “aims to tackle “the mystery and complexities of dating in a digital world,” according to MTV. New episodes of the show will start airing on January 7, 2013.
MTV Renews ‘Catfish’ For Second Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?
- Stephen Hopkins To Direct Fox Pilot ‘The Beast’; Jason Ensler To Helm NBC’s ‘Redliners’
- Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-’90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
- Dylan McDermott To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot 'LA -> Vegas'
- ‘Instinct’ CBS Pilot Casts Daniel Ings; NBC’s ‘Spaced Out’ Adds Brett Goldstein
- ‘24: Legacy’ Producers Apologize For Use Of 2013 Nairobi Terror Attack Footage