Margo Martindale, whose turn on FX’s Justified earned her an Emmy, is back at the cable network, joining the cast of FX’s upcoming drama series, The Americans. The Americans, which premieres on January 30, is a period drama about the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington D.C. shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President. The arranged marriage of Philip (Matthew Rhys) and Elizabeth Jennings (Keri Russell) – grows more passionate and genuine by the day, but is constantly tested by the escalation of the Cold War. In at least eight episodes, Martindale will play Claudia, a KGB illegal living in the U.S. who delivers assignments to Philip and Elizabeth. The gig also reunites Martindale with Justified creator/exec producer Graham Yost, who executive produces The Americans alongside creator Joe Weisberg, Joel Fields, Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank.
Margo Martindale Joins New FX Drama Series ‘The Americans’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
Latest TV News
- Obama Declines To Dance For Ellen DeGeneres’ Show; Republic Still Standing
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016