Margo Martindale, whose turn on FX’s Justified earned her an Emmy, is back at the cable network, joining the cast of FX’s upcoming drama series, The Americans. The Americans, which premieres on January 30, is a period drama about the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington D.C. shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President. The arranged marriage of Philip (Matthew Rhys) and Elizabeth Jennings (Keri Russell) – grows more passionate and genuine by the day, but is constantly tested by the escalation of the Cold War. In at least eight episodes, Martindale will play Claudia, a KGB illegal living in the U.S. who delivers assignments to Philip and Elizabeth. The gig also reunites Martindale with Justified creator/exec producer Graham Yost, who executive produces The Americans alongside creator Joe Weisberg, Joel Fields, Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank.
Margo Martindale Joins New FX Drama Series ‘The Americans’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series