Both Fandango and MovieTickets are reporting huge advance online sales for Universal‘s Les Misérables. Fandango says it’s the #1 advance ticket-seller among all Christmas Day releases, surpassing previous record-holder Sherlock Holmes (2009) as well as the #1 advance ticket-seller among movie musicals, surpassing previous record-holder Dreamgirls (2006). MovieTickets compiled a week-long survey and found that 52% of 4,358 poll participants said they were most excited to see the film adaptation of the global stage musical over the next three weekends. The Weinstein Company/Sony’s Django Unchained from Quentin Tarantino scored 24%, Paramount’s Jack Reacher starring Tom Cruise placed 16.5%, and Paramount’s The Guilt Trip with Barbra Streisand and Seth Rogen made 7.5%. MovieTickets also asked how many movies its buyers planned on seeing over the holiday season, with 49% of the 5,132 respondents saying 1-2 films over the next three weekends, 26.6% saying 3-4 films, 17.3% saying more than 5 films, and 7.1% saying no films.
‘Les Misérables’ #1 Advance Xmas Ticket
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- The Academy On Best Picture Oscar Snafu: “We Deeply Regret The Mistake”
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Issues Second Apology After Best Picture Gaffe
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- U.S. State Department Deletes Tweet Congratulating Iranian Director After ‘Salesman’ Oscar Win
- Jaime King To Stir It Up In ‘How To Cook Your Daughter’
- Netflix Sees $1.5B Lawsuit From Relativity Slimmed Down By Judge