Both Fandango and MovieTickets are reporting huge advance online sales for Universal‘s Les Misérables. Fandango says it’s the #1 advance ticket-seller among all Christmas Day releases, surpassing previous record-holder Sherlock Holmes (2009) as well as the #1 advance ticket-seller among movie musicals, surpassing previous record-holder Dreamgirls (2006). MovieTickets compiled a week-long survey and found that 52% of 4,358 poll participants said they were most excited to see the film adaptation of the global stage musical over the next three weekends. The Weinstein Company/Sony’s Django Unchained from Quentin Tarantino scored 24%, Paramount’s Jack Reacher starring Tom Cruise placed 16.5%, and Paramount’s The Guilt Trip with Barbra Streisand and Seth Rogen made 7.5%. MovieTickets also asked how many movies its buyers planned on seeing over the holiday season, with 49% of the 5,132 respondents saying 1-2 films over the next three weekends, 26.6% saying 3-4 films, 17.3% saying more than 5 films, and 7.1% saying no films.
‘Les Misérables’ #1 Advance Xmas Ticket
What's Hot on Deadline
Patton Oswalt Responds To Arrest In Golden State Killer Case, The Subject Of Late Wife's Book "I'll Be Gone In The Dark"
Latest Film News
- J.J. Abrams Says ‘Cloverfield’ Sequel “In The Works For Theaters”, Shows Off ‘Overlord…
- Paramount Unveils First Look At ‘Transformers’ Spinoff ‘Bumblebee’ – CinemaCon
- ‘Kings’ Review: Halle Berry & Daniel Craig Can’t Save Tone-Deaf Movie Set During 1992 L.A. Riots
- Annapurna, Plan B Plot ‘Spotlight’-Like Movie On How NY Times Reporters Broke Harvey Weinstein Sex Scandal Story
- ‘A Quiet Place 2’ Is “In The Works”, Paramount Boss Says – CinemaCon
- Universal And Cher Whet Appetite For Highly Commercial 2018 Slate, Followed By Lunch With Focus – CinemaCon