Jonathan Groff will voice the extreme mountain man Kristoff in Walt Disney Animation Studios‘ 3D comedy-adventure Frozen, which is set to premiere November 27, 2013. Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel already are aboard for the pic, which takes place as a prophecy traps a kingdom in eternal winter. Anna, a fearless optimist, teams with Kristoff and his sidekick reindeer on a journey to find Anna’s sister Elsa, the Snow Queen, and put an end to her icy spell. Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee are directing and Peter Del Vecho is producing. Groff’s credits include Broadway’s Spring Awakening, which earned him a Tony nomination, and Fox’s Glee. His feature films include Taking Woodstock, Twelve-Thirty and The Conspirator. He is repped by WME.
Jonathan Groff Tapped For Disney’s ‘Frozen’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…