Jonathan Groff will voice the extreme mountain man Kristoff in Walt Disney Animation Studios‘ 3D comedy-adventure Frozen, which is set to premiere November 27, 2013. Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel already are aboard for the pic, which takes place as a prophecy traps a kingdom in eternal winter. Anna, a fearless optimist, teams with Kristoff and his sidekick reindeer on a journey to find Anna’s sister Elsa, the Snow Queen, and put an end to her icy spell. Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee are directing and Peter Del Vecho is producing. Groff’s credits include Broadway’s Spring Awakening, which earned him a Tony nomination, and Fox’s Glee. His feature films include Taking Woodstock, Twelve-Thirty and The Conspirator. He is repped by WME.
Jonathan Groff Tapped For Disney’s ‘Frozen’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Joy Behar Goes Solo; Next Stop Greenwich Village
- 'Shameless,' 'House of Lies,' 'Episodes' Return To Showtime On January 11
- John Oliver Explains British Football To David Letterman: Video
- Discovery Studios Signs Exec Producer Rob Kerr
- National Geographic Channel Orders Series On Alaskan Log-Rafting From Gurney Productions
- 'Exodus: Gods And Kings' Trailer: Christian Bale & Ridley Scott Take On 'Ten Commandments'