Jonathan Groff will voice the extreme mountain man Kristoff in Walt Disney Animation Studios‘ 3D comedy-adventure Frozen, which is set to premiere November 27, 2013. Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel already are aboard for the pic, which takes place as a prophecy traps a kingdom in eternal winter. Anna, a fearless optimist, teams with Kristoff and his sidekick reindeer on a journey to find Anna’s sister Elsa, the Snow Queen, and put an end to her icy spell. Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee are directing and Peter Del Vecho is producing. Groff’s credits include Broadway’s Spring Awakening, which earned him a Tony nomination, and Fox’s Glee. His feature films include Taking Woodstock, Twelve-Thirty and The Conspirator. He is repped by WME.
Jonathan Groff Tapped For Disney’s ‘Frozen’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists
- Emmy-Winning Daytime TV Director Larry Auerbach, Dead At 91
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast