EXCLUSIVE: Joel Edgerton is in negotiations to join the cast of Jane Got A Gun, the Lynne Ramsey-directed Western action film that stars Natalie Portman and Michael Fassbender. It is set to start shooting early next year. The pic centers on Jane Hammond (Portman), who reaches out to her ex-lover (Fassbender) to help her when her outlaw husband becomes the target of a violent gang. Edgerton would play John Bishop, the leader of the gang coming to kill Hammond’s husband. Edgerton will soon to be seen in the Kathryn Bigelow-directed Zero Dark Thirty, playing the Squadron Team Leader in the film about the hunt for Osama bin Laden. He also co-stars in The Great Gatsby and Felony, both of which are due out next year. He is repped by CAA.
Joel Edgerton In Talks For ‘Jane Got A Gun’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…
- Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev ‘Mortal Engines’; Directing Debut For ‘Hobbit’ VFX Protege…