Former Polygram executive Jill Tandy is joining Universal Pictures International in the newly-created role of executive vice president, commercial affairs. She will manage the creative production team with a focus on UPI’s local language films in territories that include France, Germany and Spain. Tandy will be based in London, reporting to Universal Pictures president of international David Kosse and working closely with Universal’s L.A.-based EVP of worldwide acquisitions, Peter Kujawski. Establishing Tandy’s new position will bolster UPI’s ability to move more quickly on the ground in its international dealmaking. As a member of the founding management team of Polygram, Tandy ran international public, business and legal affairs from 1989-1999. From 1999-2007 she was co-managing director and co-owner of UK-based Qwerty Films and has been acting as a consultant since 2007 to film and TV clients including the BFI, Working Title, NBCUniversal, the UK Film Council and the National Film and Television School. She will join UPI in February.
Jill Tandy Takes On Business Affairs Role At Universal Pictures International
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward