Former Polygram executive Jill Tandy is joining Universal Pictures International in the newly-created role of executive vice president, commercial affairs. She will manage the creative production team with a focus on UPI’s local language films in territories that include France, Germany and Spain. Tandy will be based in London, reporting to Universal Pictures president of international David Kosse and working closely with Universal’s L.A.-based EVP of worldwide acquisitions, Peter Kujawski. Establishing Tandy’s new position will bolster UPI’s ability to move more quickly on the ground in its international dealmaking. As a member of the founding management team of Polygram, Tandy ran international public, business and legal affairs from 1989-1999. From 1999-2007 she was co-managing director and co-owner of UK-based Qwerty Films and has been acting as a consultant since 2007 to film and TV clients including the BFI, Working Title, NBCUniversal, the UK Film Council and the National Film and Television School. She will join UPI in February.
Jill Tandy Takes On Business Affairs Role At Universal Pictures International
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest Film News
- ‘The Equalizer 2’s Antoine Fuqua, Jason Blumenthal On Franchise Potential & How The Film Speaks To Women…
- Sony Dates ‘Jumanji’ Sequel For December 2019 – CinemaCon
- As Tom Hardy Promised, A New ‘Venom’ Trailer Drops At CinemaCon – Watch
- ‘Superfly’ Helmer Director X On Making An Action Film That Is “An Escape With Melanin”…
- Sam Rockwell Joins Scarlett Johansson In ‘Jojo Rabbit’
- Charles Bohl Dies: ‘Swimfan’ Writer Also Penned Telefilms