Former Polygram executive Jill Tandy is joining Universal Pictures International in the newly-created role of executive vice president, commercial affairs. She will manage the creative production team with a focus on UPI’s local language films in territories that include France, Germany and Spain. Tandy will be based in London, reporting to Universal Pictures president of international David Kosse and working closely with Universal’s L.A.-based EVP of worldwide acquisitions, Peter Kujawski. Establishing Tandy’s new position will bolster UPI’s ability to move more quickly on the ground in its international dealmaking. As a member of the founding management team of Polygram, Tandy ran international public, business and legal affairs from 1989-1999. From 1999-2007 she was co-managing director and co-owner of UK-based Qwerty Films and has been acting as a consultant since 2007 to film and TV clients including the BFI, Working Title, NBCUniversal, the UK Film Council and the National Film and Television School. She will join UPI in February.
Jill Tandy Takes On Business Affairs Role At Universal Pictures International
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- The Academy On Best Picture Oscar Snafu: “We Deeply Regret The Mistake”
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Takes “Full Responsibility” For Best Picture Blunder In New Apology
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- U.S. State Department Deletes Tweet Congratulating Iranian Director After ‘Salesman’ Oscar Win
- Jaime King To Stir It Up In ‘How To Cook Your Daughter’
- Netflix Sees $1.5B Lawsuit From Relativity Slimmed Down By Judge