Former Polygram executive Jill Tandy is joining Universal Pictures International in the newly-created role of executive vice president, commercial affairs. She will manage the creative production team with a focus on UPI’s local language films in territories that include France, Germany and Spain. Tandy will be based in London, reporting to Universal Pictures president of international David Kosse and working closely with Universal’s L.A.-based EVP of worldwide acquisitions, Peter Kujawski. Establishing Tandy’s new position will bolster UPI’s ability to move more quickly on the ground in its international dealmaking. As a member of the founding management team of Polygram, Tandy ran international public, business and legal affairs from 1989-1999. From 1999-2007 she was co-managing director and co-owner of UK-based Qwerty Films and has been acting as a consultant since 2007 to film and TV clients including the BFI, Working Title, NBCUniversal, the UK Film Council and the National Film and Television School. She will join UPI in February.
Jill Tandy Takes On Business Affairs Role At Universal Pictures International
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Vice's Shane Smith To Big Media: "Open Sh*t Up" Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney - Edinburgh
Latest Film News
- TriStar Nails Attica Prison Riot Book For Amy Pascal; Second Project In Works About 1971 Uprising
- Marketing Exec VP Loren Schwartz Leaving Warner Bros.
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ Review: Don’t Go
- ‘Rings’ Trailer: Samara Returns In The Digital Era
- Doug Liman Will Direct DC Title ‘Justice League Dark’ For Warner Bros
- ‘Manchester By The Sea’ Trailer: First Look At Kenneth Lonergan’s Family Drama Starring Casey Affleck