GE chief Jeff Immelt was asked by Charlie Rose in an interview on his PBS broadcast this evening why the company sold a majority stake in NBCUniversal to Comcast. “We’re an operating company, we’re not a holding company. When I go into an oil and gas review I have 1,000 ideas. When I see our health care business I have 1,500 good ideas. At the end of NBC I’d say, ‘Make better shows and buy more cable’…I didn’t have 52 good ideas. I had two.” Still he says he doesn’t regret the period when he ran the entertainment giant. He noted that during the GE years NBCU launched the Harry Potter theme park attraction, aired the Olympics and the NFL, introduced The Voice, and beefed up its cable network holdings.
GE’s Immelt On Selling NBCU: “I Didn’t Have 52 Good Ideas. I had 2.”
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Latest Business News
- Jaunt Strikes First-Look Deal with XYZ Films
- Dylan Farrow Opens Up In First TV Interview About Woody Allen Allegations: “I Am Telling The Truth”
- Jane Fonda, Common & Gloria Allred To Speak At Sundance Respect Rally
- Broadway B.O. Leaps Even As ‘Lion King’ & ‘Wicked’ Feel Winter Chill
- MPAA: Hollywood Is Key Driver Of U.S. Economy With $49 Billion Payout, Salaries Much Higher Than Nat’l Average
- Alec Baldwin Says Treatment Of Woody Allen Is “Unfair And Sad”