The dispute between the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees and the Pac-12 Network shows no sign of slowing down. IATSE says it plans to set up picket lines again during basketball games Tuesday at UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion and Thursday outside USC’s Galen Center, Variety reports. It also plans to picket Saturday’s game at UCLA. Calling the network “an unfair employer” that uses non-union workers in union areas, IATSE began its action against the recently launched regional sports network December 7, and the union has had members out on lines at Pac-12 broadcasts ever since. Pac-12 Network said earlier in a statement that it respects the right for workers to decide on union representation and intended to continue its practice of maintaining “an exciting and creative work environment.” The Pac-12 Network has contracts with Time Warner Cable, Comcast, Dish Network and Bright House Networks, among others, though it has yet to strike a carriage deal with DirecTV.
IATSE Plans Another Round Of Pickets Against Pac-12 Network
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.3M; 'Ice Age' Franchise Crosses $3B To Best 'Shrek'; China Loves 'Skiptrace' - Int'l Box Office Sunday
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Roasts Donald Trump’s RNC As Controversy Roils DNC Opening
- Netflix Lands Global Streaming Rights To FX’s ‘American Crime Story’
- Chinese Authorities Crack Down On Online News Reporting
- Donna Brazile Will Remain On CNN For Convention Coverage Before Taking Over As DNC Chair – Update
- Rick Springfield Joins Cast of ‘Supernatural’ In Devilish New Role – Comic-Con
- ‘24: Legacy’ EP Says "Intersection" With Original Characters Could Happen "Down The Line" – Comic-Con