The dispute between the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees and the Pac-12 Network shows no sign of slowing down. IATSE says it plans to set up picket lines again during basketball games Tuesday at UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion and Thursday outside USC’s Galen Center, Variety reports. It also plans to picket Saturday’s game at UCLA. Calling the network “an unfair employer” that uses non-union workers in union areas, IATSE began its action against the recently launched regional sports network December 7, and the union has had members out on lines at Pac-12 broadcasts ever since. Pac-12 Network said earlier in a statement that it respects the right for workers to decide on union representation and intended to continue its practice of maintaining “an exciting and creative work environment.” The Pac-12 Network has contracts with Time Warner Cable, Comcast, Dish Network and Bright House Networks, among others, though it has yet to strike a carriage deal with DirecTV.
IATSE Plans Another Round Of Pickets Against Pac-12 Network
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'
- Deadline Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge; Nominates Katzenberg, Soderbergh And Lindelof: Video
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Channing Tatum's Production Shingle Taps Nellie Stevens-Reed As Head Of TV