Universal Pictures has released a new trailer for Identity Thief, the Seth Gordon-directed comedy that stars Jason Bateman as the victim of a woman who has swiped his identity and destroyed his credit. Somehow, his only way out is to apprehend the thief and accompany her on a road trip. She’s played by Melissa McCarthy, and it looks like a strong opportunity for McCarthy to show off some of the sharpest physical comic skills of any actress I’ve seen in forever. McCarthy, relatively refined in her Emmy-winning role in Mike & Molly, let those skills shine in Bridesmaids and practically stole the movie. She did it again in Saturday Night Live, in an outrageous hosting stint. Will a whole movie’s worth of this be too much, or just right? The film opens February 8.
Hot Trailer: ‘Identity Thief’ With Jason Bateman And Melissa McCarthy
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
'The Fighter' Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City's Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
Latest Film News
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Live-Action French Version Gets U.S. Release
- ‘Flamingo Kid’ Broadway Musical Eyes 2018 Opening
- Filmmaker Brian Helgeland Signs With CAA
- ‘Hacksaw Ridge’ Trailer: First Look At Venice-Bound Mel Gibson Pic
- Jackie Chan Gets Castmates In ‘Bleeding Steel’
- Pinewood Studios In $425 Million Takeover Deal With U.S. Property Fund Venus Grafton