History‘s first original scripted series, Vikings, will debut on Sunday, March 3 at 10 PM. A family saga at heart, the nine-episode drama follows the adventures of Ragnar Lothbrok (Travis Fimmel), a curious, compelling man who is always looking to break through barriers and discover new worlds to conquer. Vikings, created and written by Michael Hirst, charts Ragnar’s ambitions to discover civilizations across the great ocean to the west as well as his inevitable conflicts along the way. Gabriel Byrne, Gustaf Skarsgard as well as Katheryn Winnick, Jessalyn Gilsig, George Blagden and Clive Standen co-star. Here’s the first promo:
History Series ‘Vikings’ Sets Premiere Date, Releases First Promo: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'