The Season 3 finale of HBO‘s Boardwalk Empire last night slipped from the end of Season 2. The Prohibition-era drama drew 2.7 million viewers to its 9 PM broadcast Sunday night, down from the 3 million that watched the Season 2 finale on December 10, 2011. That episode saw the fatal shooting of Michael Pitt’s James Darmody character by Steve Buscemi’s Nucky Thompson. Over three broadcasts on the night, Boardwalk Empire pulled in 4.3 million viewers Sunday; two broadcasts in December 2011 garnered 3.8 million viewers. The only episode this season to do better than last night’s finale was the season premiere. which pulled in 2.9 million viewers September 16.
HBO’s ‘Boardwalk Empire’ Finale Down From Last Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
FX Acquires 'Jumanji', 'Transformers', 'Murder On the Orient Express', 'All the Money In the World' & More Movies
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures Television Sets Up UK-Based Non-Scripted Label Human
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Freeform Unveils New Logo & “A Little Forward” Tagline
- ‘Grown-ish’ Renewed For Season 2 By Freeform
- FX Acquires ‘Jumanji’, ‘Transformers’, ‘Murder On the Orient Express’, ‘All the Money In the World’…
- Super Bowl Ad Rates Have Soared 87% In 10 Years Even With More Clutter: Study