After making his mark with FX’s The Shield, Shawn Ryan is returning to cable with a new project, this time on the premium cable side. The Last Resort co-creator/executive producer has teamed with the freshman ABC drama’s co-executive producer Ron Fitzgerald for the HBO project titled Badlands. Fitzgerald is writing the script based on a story he is writing with Rolin Jones. The two previously collaborated on The Knifeman adaptation for MRC, which had David Cronenberg attached to produce and direct. Badlands, produced by Sony TV where Ryan is under an overall deal, explores the challenges and joys of love and family, as well as the struggles of living in the blue-collar mining town of Tar River, Wyo, that’s fighting for its life during this economic hardship. Ryan, repped by WME and the Shuman Co., is now wrapping Last Resort, which didn’t receive a back order from ABC, and is working with Eddie Murphy on their Beverly Hills Cop pilot at CBS.
HBO Developing Mining Town Drama Produced By Shawn Ryan
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
Latest TV News
- Obama Declines To Dance For Ellen DeGeneres’ Show; Republic Still Standing
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016