After making his mark with FX’s The Shield, Shawn Ryan is returning to cable with a new project, this time on the premium cable side. The Last Resort co-creator/executive producer has teamed with the freshman ABC drama’s co-executive producer Ron Fitzgerald for the HBO project titled Badlands. Fitzgerald is writing the script based on a story he is writing with Rolin Jones. The two previously collaborated on The Knifeman adaptation for MRC, which had David Cronenberg attached to produce and direct. Badlands, produced by Sony TV where Ryan is under an overall deal, explores the challenges and joys of love and family, as well as the struggles of living in the blue-collar mining town of Tar River, Wyo, that’s fighting for its life during this economic hardship. Ryan, repped by WME and the Shuman Co., is now wrapping Last Resort, which didn’t receive a back order from ABC, and is working with Eddie Murphy on their Beverly Hills Cop pilot at CBS.
HBO Developing Mining Town Drama Produced By Shawn Ryan
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate