Rocker Jack White was originally the frontrunner to compose the score for Disney’s The Lone Ranger, but scheduling conflicts arose after budget concerns temporarily pulled the plug on the Jerry Bruckheimer Films pic starring Armie Hammer and Johnny Depp and directed by Gore Verbinski. Production finally started in February, and the tentpole’s release date eventually was moved to July 3, 2013. White will still contribute music to the production, we’re told. Hans Zimmer‘s name first appeared in conjunction with the movie when his name appeared in the latest trailer that bowed this week. Zimmer has worked with this bunch before: He did the music for Disney, Bruckheimer, Depp and Verbinski’s Pirates Of The Caribbean franchise.
Hans Zimmer Steps In To Pen ‘Lone Ranger’ Score
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…