Rocker Jack White was originally the frontrunner to compose the score for Disney’s The Lone Ranger, but scheduling conflicts arose after budget concerns temporarily pulled the plug on the Jerry Bruckheimer Films pic starring Armie Hammer and Johnny Depp and directed by Gore Verbinski. Production finally started in February, and the tentpole’s release date eventually was moved to July 3, 2013. White will still contribute music to the production, we’re told. Hans Zimmer‘s name first appeared in conjunction with the movie when his name appeared in the latest trailer that bowed this week. Zimmer has worked with this bunch before: He did the music for Disney, Bruckheimer, Depp and Verbinski’s Pirates Of The Caribbean franchise.
Hans Zimmer Steps In To Pen ‘Lone Ranger’ Score
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
'Avengers: Infinity War' Clip: 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Debuts Exclusive Look At Marvel's Ultimate Team-Up Pic
Christina Aguilera, Melissa McCarthy Hit High Notes In James Corden's "Carpool Karaoke Primetime Special"
Latest Film News
- A Subdued Lars Von Trier Talks Cannes Comeback Movie & Addiction: "I Felt Horrible During Filming"
- BAFTA Sets Film Awards Dates; ‘Nowhere’ Starts Lensing In Canada – Global Briefs
- Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony’s Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog…
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Clip: ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ Debuts Exclusive Look At Marvel’s Ultimate…
- ‘The Equalizer 2’s Antoine Fuqua, Jason Blumenthal On Franchise Potential & How The Film Speaks To Women…
- Sony Dates ‘Jumanji’ Sequel For December 2019 – CinemaCon