Rocker Jack White was originally the frontrunner to compose the score for Disney’s The Lone Ranger, but scheduling conflicts arose after budget concerns temporarily pulled the plug on the Jerry Bruckheimer Films pic starring Armie Hammer and Johnny Depp and directed by Gore Verbinski. Production finally started in February, and the tentpole’s release date eventually was moved to July 3, 2013. White will still contribute music to the production, we’re told. Hans Zimmer‘s name first appeared in conjunction with the movie when his name appeared in the latest trailer that bowed this week. Zimmer has worked with this bunch before: He did the music for Disney, Bruckheimer, Depp and Verbinski’s Pirates Of The Caribbean franchise.
Hans Zimmer Steps In To Pen ‘Lone Ranger’ Score
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.3M; 'Ice Age' Franchise Crosses $3B To Best 'Shrek'; China Loves 'Skiptrace' - Int'l Box Office Sunday
Latest Film News
- SXSW 2017 Ramping Up With Speakers Including Jill Soloway
- ‘47 Meters Down’: Freestyle Snaps Up Pic From Dimension Films
- Alibaba Pictures Launching $300 Million Investment Fund
- Redbox Owner To Be Bought By Private Equity Group For $1.6B
- AMC Theatres Blinks: Raises Carmike Offer Ahead Of Shareholder Vote
- Chinese Authorities Crack Down On Online News Reporting