Director Gus Van Sant has lent his support as executive producer to Xavier Dolan’s third movie Laurence Anyways. The film debuted in the Un Certain Regard sidebar at the Cannes Film Festival where Suzanne Clement garnered a best actress nod for for her role as a woman coming to terms with the admission of her fiance (Melvil Poupaud) that he wants to become a woman. Breaking Glass Pictures plans a U.S. release next year. The distrib acquired Laurence Anyways at the Toronto International Film Festival where it was named best Canadian feature.
Gus Van Sant Joins ‘Laurence Anyways’ As Exec Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Latest Film News
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize: Report
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners