Director Gus Van Sant has lent his support as executive producer to Xavier Dolan’s third movie Laurence Anyways. The film debuted in the Un Certain Regard sidebar at the Cannes Film Festival where Suzanne Clement garnered a best actress nod for for her role as a woman coming to terms with the admission of her fiance (Melvil Poupaud) that he wants to become a woman. Breaking Glass Pictures plans a U.S. release next year. The distrib acquired Laurence Anyways at the Toronto International Film Festival where it was named best Canadian feature.
Gus Van Sant Joins ‘Laurence Anyways’ As Exec Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Revenant', 'Martian' & More In Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’: 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
- ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Super Bowl Trailer: Blue People Attack Each Other
- ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’ Super Bowl Trailer
- ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2’ Super Bowl Trailer: No Sleep Til Brooklyn
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Super Bowl Teaser: Short, Sweet, Punching
- ‘The Jungle Book’ Super Bowl Spot: Multi-Media In The Rain Forest