FX’s new drama series The Americans will premiere on January 30, airing in the Wednesday 10 PM slot where the cable network currently airs American Horror Story: The Asylum. The Americans is a period drama about the complex marriage of two KGB spies (Matthew Rhys, Keri Russell) posing as Americans in suburban Washington D.C. shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President. Tensions heighten upon the arrival of a new neighbor, Stan Beeman (Noah Emmerich), an FBI agent. The Americans was created by Joe Weisberg (Falling Skies), a CIA agent-turned-author. Weisberg, Joel Fields, Graham Yost and Amblin TV’s Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank executive produce for Fox TV Studios and FX Prods. Here is the series’ first trailer, which was released last month.
FX’s Cold War Drama ‘The Americans’ Gets Premiere Date
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Andreeva
- Mykelti Williamson To Recur (And Sing) On ABC's 'Nashville'
- Brad Copeland To Write ABC Comedy Starring Chevy Chase & Beverly D'Angelo
- Angela Kinsey To Topline & Co-Create ABC Buddy Comedy Produced By Darlene Hunt & Will Gluck
- CBS Buys Meatball Restaurant Comedy From Bill Lawrence, Jeff Astrof & All3Media With Production Commitment
- Q&A: Laurence Fishburne On 'Black-Ish' Comedic Turn, 'Hannibal' Return & 'CSI'
- AMC To Board Channel 4 Series 'Humans' As Xbox Entertainment Studios Downsizes Slate & Mulls Possible Future