FX’s new drama series The Americans will premiere on January 30, airing in the Wednesday 10 PM slot where the cable network currently airs American Horror Story: The Asylum. The Americans is a period drama about the complex marriage of two KGB spies (Matthew Rhys, Keri Russell) posing as Americans in suburban Washington D.C. shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President. Tensions heighten upon the arrival of a new neighbor, Stan Beeman (Noah Emmerich), an FBI agent. The Americans was created by Joe Weisberg (Falling Skies), a CIA agent-turned-author. Weisberg, Joel Fields, Graham Yost and Amblin TV’s Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank executive produce for Fox TV Studios and FX Prods. Here is the series’ first trailer, which was released last month.
FX’s Cold War Drama ‘The Americans’ Gets Premiere Date
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast