FX’s new drama series The Americans will premiere on January 30, airing in the Wednesday 10 PM slot where the cable network currently airs American Horror Story: The Asylum. The Americans is a period drama about the complex marriage of two KGB spies (Matthew Rhys, Keri Russell) posing as Americans in suburban Washington D.C. shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President. Tensions heighten upon the arrival of a new neighbor, Stan Beeman (Noah Emmerich), an FBI agent. The Americans was created by Joe Weisberg (Falling Skies), a CIA agent-turned-author. Weisberg, Joel Fields, Graham Yost and Amblin TV’s Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank executive produce for Fox TV Studios and FX Prods. Here is the series’ first trailer, which was released last month.
FX’s Cold War Drama ‘The Americans’ Gets Premiere Date
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
'Person Of Interest' Gets 'The Mentalist' Treatment With 13-Episode Order; Will Season 5 Be Its Last?
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks