Fox News has confirmed New York Magazine‘s claim that Roger Ailes is cutting back air time for Fox News contributors Karl Rove and Dick Morris for the time being. (“The election’s over.”) Ailes told media watchers he had a “what the?” reaction to Rove’s election-night meltdown. Morris kept predicting a Mitt Romney landslide on Election Day. NYM says Ailes’ deputy Fox News programming chief Bill Shine “is requiring producers to ask for approval before lining up any Rove or Morris appearances”. Both pundits made several appearances in the days after the election, but their visibility on the network has faded since then. A spokesperson for Ailes denies any rift: Ailes and Rove plan to meet this week. Meanwhile, President Obama held a Tuesday afternoon briefing on the fiscal cliff for MSNBC primetime hosts Rachel Maddow, Al Sharpton, Lawrence O’Donnell, and Ed Schultz, who tweeted about it.
Fox News Benches Karl Rove & Dick Morris; President Obama Briefs MSNBC Hosts
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Vice's Shane Smith To Big Media: "Open Sh*t Up" Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney - Edinburgh
Latest TV News
- Britney Spears TV Movie In Works At Lifetime; Natasha Bassett To Star
- Jon Favreau To Direct Seth MacFarlane’s Space Comedic Drama Series For Fox
- Double Emmy Nominee Derek McLane on ‘Hairspray Live’, Lady Gaga And ‘The Wiz!’
- Viceland Taps Ex-NBC Late-Night PR Exec Marc Liepis As Head of Communications
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?
- ‘Battlefield’-Inspired Live-Action Digital Series To Premiere On Go90