Fox News has confirmed New York Magazine‘s claim that Roger Ailes is cutting back air time for Fox News contributors Karl Rove and Dick Morris for the time being. (“The election’s over.”) Ailes told media watchers he had a “what the?” reaction to Rove’s election-night meltdown. Morris kept predicting a Mitt Romney landslide on Election Day. NYM says Ailes’ deputy Fox News programming chief Bill Shine “is requiring producers to ask for approval before lining up any Rove or Morris appearances”. Both pundits made several appearances in the days after the election, but their visibility on the network has faded since then. A spokesperson for Ailes denies any rift: Ailes and Rove plan to meet this week. Meanwhile, President Obama held a Tuesday afternoon briefing on the fiscal cliff for MSNBC primetime hosts Rachel Maddow, Al Sharpton, Lawrence O’Donnell, and Ed Schultz, who tweeted about it.
Fox News Benches Karl Rove & Dick Morris; President Obama Briefs MSNBC Hosts
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Rosie Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'
- NBC Finishes No. 1 In 18-49 Demo For 2013-14 Primetime Season
- RATINGS RAT RACE: Revamped 'Dancing With The Stars' Snags Smallest Crowd For Fall Debut
- Angela Lansbury Hits The Road With 'Blithe Spirit' Tour
- Emma Thompson Slings Meat Pies As 'Sweeney Todd' Launches Commercial Partnership With English National Opera
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary