Fox News has confirmed New York Magazine‘s claim that Roger Ailes is cutting back air time for Fox News contributors Karl Rove and Dick Morris for the time being. (“The election’s over.”) Ailes told media watchers he had a “what the?” reaction to Rove’s election-night meltdown. Morris kept predicting a Mitt Romney landslide on Election Day. NYM says Ailes’ deputy Fox News programming chief Bill Shine “is requiring producers to ask for approval before lining up any Rove or Morris appearances”. Both pundits made several appearances in the days after the election, but their visibility on the network has faded since then. A spokesperson for Ailes denies any rift: Ailes and Rove plan to meet this week. Meanwhile, President Obama held a Tuesday afternoon briefing on the fiscal cliff for MSNBC primetime hosts Rachel Maddow, Al Sharpton, Lawrence O’Donnell, and Ed Schultz, who tweeted about it.
Fox News Benches Karl Rove & Dick Morris; President Obama Briefs MSNBC Hosts
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- ‘I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead’: Netflix Spins Trailer & Date For Docu On DJ Steve Aoki
- Ron Howard Docuseries ‘Breakthrough’ Renewed For Season 2 By Nat Geo Channel
- Alicia Silverstone To Star In ‘American Woman’ TV Land Pilot Inspired By Kyle Richards
- 20th TV Ups Ken Lawson To SVP & General Sales Manager For Broadcast Syndie Sales
- ‘American Crime’: Timothy Hutton Set To Return For Season 3
- Michelle Dockery Cast As Female Lead In Netflix’s ‘Godless’ Miniseries