In the wake of the school shootings in Newtown, Conn. 20th Century Fox is “cancelling the red carpet press event and the after party for the Parental Guidance premiere scheduled today in downtown Los Angeles”. But the screening that was essentially for the movie’s cast and crew will take place as scheduled. “The hearts of all involved with this film go out to the victims, their families, their community, and our entire nation in mourning”, Fox said in a statement. In Parental Guidance, a comedy, Billy Crystal and Bette Midler play grandparents who agree on short notice to look after the children of their business-travelling daughter played by Marisa Tomei.
Fox Curtails LA ‘Parental Guidance’ Events
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories