In the wake of the school shootings in Newtown, Conn. 20th Century Fox is “cancelling the red carpet press event and the after party for the Parental Guidance premiere scheduled today in downtown Los Angeles”. But the screening that was essentially for the movie’s cast and crew will take place as scheduled. “The hearts of all involved with this film go out to the victims, their families, their community, and our entire nation in mourning”, Fox said in a statement. In Parental Guidance, a comedy, Billy Crystal and Bette Midler play grandparents who agree on short notice to look after the children of their business-travelling daughter played by Marisa Tomei.
Fox Curtails LA ‘Parental Guidance’ Events
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'