In the wake of the school shootings in Newtown, Conn. 20th Century Fox is “cancelling the red carpet press event and the after party for the Parental Guidance premiere scheduled today in downtown Los Angeles”. But the screening that was essentially for the movie’s cast and crew will take place as scheduled. “The hearts of all involved with this film go out to the victims, their families, their community, and our entire nation in mourning”, Fox said in a statement. In Parental Guidance, a comedy, Billy Crystal and Bette Midler play grandparents who agree on short notice to look after the children of their business-travelling daughter played by Marisa Tomei.
Fox Curtails LA ‘Parental Guidance’ Events
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest Film News
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Trailer: Alicia Vikander Leaps, Fights, Slides, And Raids In Reboot
- Linda Hamilton Set To Return To ‘Terminator’; Reuniting With Cameron And Schwarzenegger For Planned Trilogy
- Samuel Goldwyn Writing Awards Announce Finalists And Judges
- CAA Promotes Quartet Of Trainees
- ‘Battle Of The Sexes’ Review: Emma Stone & Steve Carell Are Matchless And Top Of Their Game
- Zack Snyder Films ‘Snow Steam Iron’ On iPhone