In the wake of the school shootings in Newtown, Conn. 20th Century Fox is “cancelling the red carpet press event and the after party for the Parental Guidance premiere scheduled today in downtown Los Angeles”. But the screening that was essentially for the movie’s cast and crew will take place as scheduled. “The hearts of all involved with this film go out to the victims, their families, their community, and our entire nation in mourning”, Fox said in a statement. In Parental Guidance, a comedy, Billy Crystal and Bette Midler play grandparents who agree on short notice to look after the children of their business-travelling daughter played by Marisa Tomei.
Fox Curtails LA ‘Parental Guidance’ Events
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video