In the wake of the school shootings in Newtown, Conn. 20th Century Fox is “cancelling the red carpet press event and the after party for the Parental Guidance premiere scheduled today in downtown Los Angeles”. But the screening that was essentially for the movie’s cast and crew will take place as scheduled. “The hearts of all involved with this film go out to the victims, their families, their community, and our entire nation in mourning”, Fox said in a statement. In Parental Guidance, a comedy, Billy Crystal and Bette Midler play grandparents who agree on short notice to look after the children of their business-travelling daughter played by Marisa Tomei.
Fox Curtails LA ‘Parental Guidance’ Events
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Latest Film News
- MPAA: Hollywood Is Key Driver Of U.S. Economy With $49 Billion Payout, Salaries Much Higher Than Nat’l Average
- Sam Rockwell To Receive Santa Barbara’s American Riviera Honor
- ‘Hal’: Watch The First Three Minutes Of Sundance-Bound Hal Ashby Documentary
- Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
- Saban Films Will Release ‘Black Water’ In Second Quarter 2018
- James L. Brooks To Receive WGA West’s Laurel Award For Screenwriting