Fox went back to federal court this week seeking an injunction against Dish Network and its AutoHop DVR. Fox Broadcasting and 20th Century Fox argued in a filing with the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals that because the lower District Court Judge Dolly Gee agreed with Fox‘s contention that Dish was infringing its copyright on TV programming, Gee should have also granted a temporary injunction against Dish. (Read Fox’s filing here.) Fox noted “The district court found that Dish infringes Fox’s copyrights when it copies Fox programs every night to enable AutoHop’s ad-skipping functionality, and that such ad-skipping functionality irreparably harms Fox.” Despite this, Fox said “the district court held that this irreparable harm did not count because it stemmed from the ad skipping, not directly from the infringing copies that made the ad skipping possible.” Fox contends the district court erred and should be ordered to grant Fox the preliminary injunction. Fox is represented by Jenner & Block.
Fox Asks Appeals Court To Bar Dish’s AutoHop
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
'Mockingjay' Rules Roost; 'Good Dinosaur' Hatches With $29M; 'The Martian' Lands $50M In China - Intl Box Office Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest Film News
- ‘Mockingjay’ Rules Roost; ‘Good Dinosaur’ Hatches With $29M; ‘The Martian’ Lands $50M In China – Intl Box…
- 'The Danish Girl' Bows With Style; ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Solid In Debut; ‘Carol' Dominates Thanksgiving…
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance