Two days after a federal judge issued a temporary restraining order against Global Asylum’s release of the mockbuster producer’s Age Of The Hobbits, the company has changed the title to Clash Of The Empires on its website. Warner Bros and its partners on The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, which opens Friday, was granted the TRO to avoid confusion between the two and thwart Global Asylum’s “cynical business model” of capitalizing on the work of others. Retitling the movie that was scheduled to be released yesterday to the home entertainment market has not dissuaded Warner Bros, New Line Cinema, MGM and producer Saul Zaentz from proceeding with a full hearing on the matter January 28.
Faux ‘Hobbit’ Flick Retitled ‘Clash Of The Empires’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'