Two days after a federal judge issued a temporary restraining order against Global Asylum’s release of the mockbuster producer’s Age Of The Hobbits, the company has changed the title to Clash Of The Empires on its website. Warner Bros and its partners on The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, which opens Friday, was granted the TRO to avoid confusion between the two and thwart Global Asylum’s “cynical business model” of capitalizing on the work of others. Retitling the movie that was scheduled to be released yesterday to the home entertainment market has not dissuaded Warner Bros, New Line Cinema, MGM and producer Saul Zaentz from proceeding with a full hearing on the matter January 28.
Faux ‘Hobbit’ Flick Retitled ‘Clash Of The Empires’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Ray Strache To SVP Acquisitions & Co-Productions