Two days after a federal judge issued a temporary restraining order against Global Asylum’s release of the mockbuster producer’s Age Of The Hobbits, the company has changed the title to Clash Of The Empires on its website. Warner Bros and its partners on The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, which opens Friday, was granted the TRO to avoid confusion between the two and thwart Global Asylum’s “cynical business model” of capitalizing on the work of others. Retitling the movie that was scheduled to be released yesterday to the home entertainment market has not dissuaded Warner Bros, New Line Cinema, MGM and producer Saul Zaentz from proceeding with a full hearing on the matter January 28.
Faux ‘Hobbit’ Flick Retitled ‘Clash Of The Empires’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor