Two days after a federal judge issued a temporary restraining order against Global Asylum’s release of the mockbuster producer’s Age Of The Hobbits, the company has changed the title to Clash Of The Empires on its website. Warner Bros and its partners on The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, which opens Friday, was granted the TRO to avoid confusion between the two and thwart Global Asylum’s “cynical business model” of capitalizing on the work of others. Retitling the movie that was scheduled to be released yesterday to the home entertainment market has not dissuaded Warner Bros, New Line Cinema, MGM and producer Saul Zaentz from proceeding with a full hearing on the matter January 28.
Faux ‘Hobbit’ Flick Retitled ‘Clash Of The Empires’
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot