EXCLUSIVE: Emmett/Furla Films and Arise Pictures have teamed up for Absence Of War. The companies will produce and finance the $20 million spy thriller, scheduled to start shooting in April 2013. Absence Of War will be directed and written by David Raymond in the Brit’s feature debut. The film takes place in the shadowy world of private intelligence companies. “We’ve been looking for a franchise like Bond or Mission: Impossible for a long time. As soon as we read the script we knew this was it,” said George Furla today. The company is considering an Absence Of War TV series and video game as well as other platforms. Randal Emmett and Furla are producing with Mark Stewart, Chris Pettit and Raymond. Raymond is repped by WME, 3 Arts and law firm Ziffren Brittenham.
Emmett-Furla & Arise Join Up For ‘Absence of War’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
Latest Film News
- Clémence Poésy In ‘Final Portrait’ Frame; TrustNordisk Contracts Ole Bornedal’s Next – Berlin
- Hot Berlin Titles: What Buyers Are Buzzing About At The EFM
- Jose Padilha In Negotiations To Direct ‘Entebbe’ For Working Title, Studiocanal – Berlin
- ‘Mother’s Day’ Trailer: Roberts, Aniston, Hudson & Sudeikis Celebrate Momhood
- Russell Simmons’ All Def Movie Awards Set To Brings Laughs & Honor Oscars Snubs
- Michael Moore Sidelined As ‘Where To Invade Next’ Opens – Specialty Preview