American Horror Story regular Dylan McDermott has joined the cast of Mercy, a fantasy horror project based on a Stephen King story from the author’s Skeleton Crew collection. Peter Cornwell is set to direct from a script by Matt Greenberg. Project is from Universal Pictures and Blumhouse Productions which has a first-look deal with the studio. Frances O’Connor (The Hunter), Chandler Riggs (The Walking Dead) and Joel Courtney (Super 8) will also star. Jason Blum (Paranormal Activity, Insidious) will produce with McG and Mary Viola from Wonderland Sound and Vision. McDermott, who also appeared in The Perks Of Being A Wallflower and The Campaign, is represented by CAA and managed by The Schiff Company.
Dylan McDermott Joins Cast Of ‘Mercy’
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
More From Team
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'
- 'Cake' Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
- Regina King To Co-Star In FX Pilot 'Pariah'; Daisy Betts Joins 'Childhood's End' On Syfy
- 'Pan' Teaser: Hugh Jackman, Rooney Mara In Peter Pan Origin Tale
- Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations 2015 – Full List