UKTV, the British commercial network co-owned by BBC Worldwide and Scripps Network Interactive, has acquired upcoming midseason drama Do No Harm as part of a content deal with NBCU International Television Distribution. Do No Harm, a medical drama with a Jekyll & Hyde twist, premieres on NBC in the U.S. on January 31 and will debut on UKTV’s flagship channel, Watch, next summer. Multichannel provider UKTV has also acquired future seasons of NBC’s Grimm for Watch and made a long-term committment to multiple season’s of USA’s legal drama Suits for the Dave channel. Grimm pulled in just under 1M viewers per episode during its first season run on Watch. The first season of Suits averaged over 700K viewers per episode and the second season is due on Dave early next year. Both Watch and Dave have had succcessful runs in 2012. Watch has become the fastest growing commercial network in the UK while Dave’s original series Red Dwarf X is the network’s highest rated show, attracting 2.1M viewers to its premiere episode.
‘Do No Harm’ To Air On UKTV; Net Acquires Multiple Series From NBCU International
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2