The TV networks company-led group invested $20M in an intriguing business: Grockit has a service called Learnist that enables students planning to take tests such as the SATs and LSATs to help each other prepare with games and other interactions on social networks. As part of the investment, Discovery and Grockit will share technology, and explore opportunities to market, distribute, and promote each other’s services. Discovery is “a natural fit with Learnist’s unique knowledge platform and model that encourages passionate audiences to share what they know and learn what they don’t,” Discovery Chief Digital Officer JB Perrette says. Investors joining Discovery include Summit Group, backers of Uber and Scribd, and previous supporters of Grockit: Atlas Venture, Benchmark Capital, Integral Capital Partners and GSV Capital Corp. “Our relationship will combine Learnist social learning technology with Discovery’s massive reach and footprint,” Grockit CEO Roy Gilbert says.
Discovery Leads Investors Backing Social Learning Company Grockit
What's Hot on Deadline
Video - Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood's Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: 'Saturday Night Live'
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Latest Business News
- Bill Cosby Fights Again To Stop Sexual Assault Case Moving Forward
- Will Hollywood’s Flood Of Franchises Beat ‘Star Wars’-Fueled 2015 Toy Sales?
- Will Smith & Alan Horn Join Obama & Katzenberg For Private L.A. Dinner – Update
- Samantha Bee Vs. The Guys On Late Night, Plus: The Coming Tony Awards Wars? – Gerard & Roth
- Hot Berlin Titles: What Buyers Are Buzzing About At The EFM
- Obamageddon Is In Effect As POTUS Arrives In L.A. For ‘Ellen’ & Fundraisers – Update