The TV networks company-led group invested $20M in an intriguing business: Grockit has a service called Learnist that enables students planning to take tests such as the SATs and LSATs to help each other prepare with games and other interactions on social networks. As part of the investment, Discovery and Grockit will share technology, and explore opportunities to market, distribute, and promote each other’s services. Discovery is “a natural fit with Learnist’s unique knowledge platform and model that encourages passionate audiences to share what they know and learn what they don’t,” Discovery Chief Digital Officer JB Perrette says. Investors joining Discovery include Summit Group, backers of Uber and Scribd, and previous supporters of Grockit: Atlas Venture, Benchmark Capital, Integral Capital Partners and GSV Capital Corp. “Our relationship will combine Learnist social learning technology with Discovery’s massive reach and footprint,” Grockit CEO Roy Gilbert says.
Discovery Leads Investors Backing Social Learning Company Grockit
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Business News
- Advance Movie Ticket Seller Fandango Adds ArcLight Cinemas To Venue Roster
- ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Toys Unwrapped Tonight Via Fanboy Short Series ‘#GoRogue…
- Singer Chris Brown Arrested For Assault With A Deadly Weapon
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two
- Tribune Media Could Collect $240M In Deal To Sell Chicago’s Tribune Tower