The TV networks company-led group invested $20M in an intriguing business: Grockit has a service called Learnist that enables students planning to take tests such as the SATs and LSATs to help each other prepare with games and other interactions on social networks. As part of the investment, Discovery and Grockit will share technology, and explore opportunities to market, distribute, and promote each other’s services. Discovery is “a natural fit with Learnist’s unique knowledge platform and model that encourages passionate audiences to share what they know and learn what they don’t,” Discovery Chief Digital Officer JB Perrette says. Investors joining Discovery include Summit Group, backers of Uber and Scribd, and previous supporters of Grockit: Atlas Venture, Benchmark Capital, Integral Capital Partners and GSV Capital Corp. “Our relationship will combine Learnist social learning technology with Discovery’s massive reach and footprint,” Grockit CEO Roy Gilbert says.
Discovery Leads Investors Backing Social Learning Company Grockit
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Pompeo On New 'Grey's Anatomy' Deal, The Show's End Game & Legacy And Her Post-'Grey's' Future - Q&A
Ellen Pompeo Inks New 2-Year Deal For 'Grey's Anatomy', Paving Way For Seasons 15 & 16, Adds Producing Duties
Latest Business News
- Brigitte Bardot Calls #MeToo Movement “Hypocritical And Ridiculous”
- Harvey Weinstein Felt “Anger And Acceptance” Days Before His Downfall
- Head Of Hollywood Chamber Of Commerce Leron Gubler Announces Retirement
- Jane Fonda Talks TV’s Power, Tom Selleck Describes His Acting Approach At Brandon Tartikoff Awards — NATPE
- Donald Trump Praises Apple (And Pats Himself On The Back) For Creating Jobs In U.S.
- Sundance Drama ‘Burden’ Spawns Book That Sells To Convergent In Publishing Auction