The former president of Landmark Communications, and chairman of The Weather Channel, was picked by Advance/Newhouse which controls more than 25% of Discovery’s voting shares and has the right to name three board members. Anstrom replaces Larry Kramer who left in June after he was named publisher of USA Today. Discovery says in an SEC filing that Anstrom likely will serve on the board’s Audit Committee. Once the cable industry’s chief lobbyist, Anstrom was a member of Comcast’s board for a decade ending September 2011 when the company said he left “in order to satisfy other professional commitments that, among other things, will involve significant foreign travel.”
Decker Anstrom Joins Discovery Board
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Does Alibaba Plan To Take Control Of Lionsgate?
- FCC Postpones Auction Of Broadcast TV Spectrum To 2016
- When Will Big Hollywood Studios Aggressively Produce Original Shows For Digital TV?
- AMC Networks And BBC Chiefs On The Future Of BBC America
- AMC Networks Pays $200M For 49.9% Of BBC America
- Amazon Shares Fall After Q3 Losses Exceed Expectations