This will enable the satellite company’s customers who subscribe to Starz or Encore to watch the channels’ programming on-demand via the Starz Play and Encore Play platforms. Initially it will only work for computers and Apple devices connected to Wi-Fi or broadband; computer interfaces are available from the channels’ websites, while the mobile apps are at Apple’s App Store. Services for gaming consoles and Android devices, as well as gadgets with cellular connections, are still in the works. There’s no word on when or whether DirecTV customers will be able to access Movieplex Play, a service that the programming company included in the deal with AT&T’s U-verse, announced this week. Starz is revving up its TV Everywhere platforms following its break with Netflix, which had streamed Starz programming until February. DirecTV had nearly 20M customers at the end of September.
DirecTV Launches Starz Play Streaming Services
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
PGA Awards: 'The Shape Of Water' Wins Outstanding Producer; 'Handmaid's Tale', 'Mrs. Maisel' Tops In TV - Full Winners List
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
Latest Business News
- Philadelphia Eagles Demolish Minnesota Vikings 38-7 In NFC Championship
- New England Patriots Top Jacksonville Jaguars 24-20 in AFC Championship
- Mo’Nique Calls For Netflix Boycott Over Alleged Gender And Race Pay Disparity
- ‘Halfway There’ Trailer Bows, Showcasing Matthew Lillard, Blythe Danner Dysfunction
- NFL Playoffs Will Air On Armed Forces Net Despite Government Shutdown
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Tells Sundance She’s Not Worried About #MeToo Backlash