This will enable the satellite company’s customers who subscribe to Starz or Encore to watch the channels’ programming on-demand via the Starz Play and Encore Play platforms. Initially it will only work for computers and Apple devices connected to Wi-Fi or broadband; computer interfaces are available from the channels’ websites, while the mobile apps are at Apple’s App Store. Services for gaming consoles and Android devices, as well as gadgets with cellular connections, are still in the works. There’s no word on when or whether DirecTV customers will be able to access Movieplex Play, a service that the programming company included in the deal with AT&T’s U-verse, announced this week. Starz is revving up its TV Everywhere platforms following its break with Netflix, which had streamed Starz programming until February. DirecTV had nearly 20M customers at the end of September.
DirecTV Launches Starz Play Streaming Services
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Business News
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Battling For No. 1; ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- Studiocanal & Switzerland’s Impuls Enter Output Deal – Cannes
- Point.360 To Acquire Troubled Postproduction House Modern VideoFilm
- Time Warner Cable Nears A Decision On A New Merger Deal – Reports
- Hollywood Teamsters Reach Contract Deal With Basic Crafts Unions
- Martha Coolidge: Blaming DGA For Lack Of Female Directors Is “Dangerous Side-Path”