This will enable the satellite company’s customers who subscribe to Starz or Encore to watch the channels’ programming on-demand via the Starz Play and Encore Play platforms. Initially it will only work for computers and Apple devices connected to Wi-Fi or broadband; computer interfaces are available from the channels’ websites, while the mobile apps are at Apple’s App Store. Services for gaming consoles and Android devices, as well as gadgets with cellular connections, are still in the works. There’s no word on when or whether DirecTV customers will be able to access Movieplex Play, a service that the programming company included in the deal with AT&T’s U-verse, announced this week. Starz is revving up its TV Everywhere platforms following its break with Netflix, which had streamed Starz programming until February. DirecTV had nearly 20M customers at the end of September.
DirecTV Launches Starz Play Streaming Services
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Business News
- UPDATE: SAG-AFTRA Executive’s Daughter Returns Home Safely
- Sony Slapped With Negligence Suit By Ex-VP On Hacking Anniversary
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- Alec Baldwin, Laurence Fishburne, LaTanya Richardson Jackson To Read At Arthur Miller’s 100th Birthday Party
- TiVo Reports Record Sub Growth As It Starts To Look For A New CEO
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?