Showtime‘s potent duo of Dexter and Homeland delivered more record-breaking ratings Sunday. The shows’ penultimate episodes for the season posted both series’ highest ratings ever. Dexter drew 2.6 million viewers at 9 PM, the biggest audience ever for a Showtime original series, as well as the best total night delivery ever for a Showtime series with 3.08 million total viewers. Dexter edged Showtime’s previous record, which was held by the serial killer drama’s Season 4 finale on December 13, 2009 (2.57 million at 9 PM and 3.05 million for the night). Compared with the previous week, Dexter was up 25%. After eclipsing Dexter for the first time last week when it also posted a series high, Homeland (2.36 million viewers at 10 PM) was up 8% for a new high-water mark. The total night garnered 2.6 million viewers, surpassing last week’s total (2.5 million) as the best total night delivery ever for the series.
‘Dexter’ & ‘Homeland’ Hit New Series Highs
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’ Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres