Showtime‘s potent duo of Dexter and Homeland delivered more record-breaking ratings Sunday. The shows’ penultimate episodes for the season posted both series’ highest ratings ever. Dexter drew 2.6 million viewers at 9 PM, the biggest audience ever for a Showtime original series, as well as the best total night delivery ever for a Showtime series with 3.08 million total viewers. Dexter edged Showtime’s previous record, which was held by the serial killer drama’s Season 4 finale on December 13, 2009 (2.57 million at 9 PM and 3.05 million for the night). Compared with the previous week, Dexter was up 25%. After eclipsing Dexter for the first time last week when it also posted a series high, Homeland (2.36 million viewers at 10 PM) was up 8% for a new high-water mark. The total night garnered 2.6 million viewers, surpassing last week’s total (2.5 million) as the best total night delivery ever for the series.
‘Dexter’ & ‘Homeland’ Hit New Series Highs
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast