A piano used in the Humphrey Bogart-Ingrid Bergman film Casablanca sold for just over $600,000, Reuters reported. Bids of between $800,000 and $1 million had been predicted. The 58-key upright piano on which actor and singer Dooley Wilson performed “As Time Goes By” sold at Sotheby’s for $602,500 including commission. Bergman’s memorable lines included “Play it once, Sam, for old times’ sake, play ‘As Time Goes By’.” Sotheby’s in 1988 had sold the piano to a Japanese collector who paid $154,000. Yesterday’s buyer was not identified.
‘Casablanca’ Piano Auctioned For $600K
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Sakina Jaffrey Cast In Fox’s ‘Red Sparrow’; Bill Marchant Joins Sci-Fi Indie ‘Volition’
- Donald Trump Takes Credit For Oscars Best Picture Snafu
- Bill Paxton Tribute: The Man Behind The Actor
- Comedy Dynamics Books ‘Chee And T’; Kino Lorber Nabs Two Venice Film Fest Pics
- This Is Not A Joke: ‘La La Land’ Producer Jordan Horowitz Talks Oscars’ “Surreal Moment” On ‘GMA…
- Hayao Miyazaki Comes Out Of Retirement For New Feature