Looks like AMC Networks’ warning to Verizon FiOS‘ 4.6M subscribers that they were “about to lose” channels including AMC, IFC, and WE tv was all for naught. The companies announced they have a pact to keep the channels on the phone giant’s video system past the end of December, when the current contract expires. While the companies didn’t disclose specific terms, AMC says that it’s a “long-term agreement” that “recognizes the value of our networks.” Susquehanna Financial Group’s Vasily Karasyov predicts the programmer will see a 6% increase in the fees it collects from Verizon, but says we should know the answer next year when AMC reports its Q1 earnings. A few weeks ago, Verizon chastized AMC for trying to “scare” FiOS customers adding that it has “a history of using their viewers as pawns in their negotiations with distributors.” Dish Network recently resumed carriage of AMC’s networks after dropping them in June while the companies were engaged in a legal battle.
AMC Networks Reaches Carriage Deal With Verizon FiOS
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Latest Business News
- Donald Trump’s Not Racist, Sarah Sanders Assures Us, Citing ‘The Apprentice’
- PBS CEO Paula Kerger Takes Questions On Charlie Rose, Tavis Smiley At TCA
- Fox Television Stations Renew ‘Page Six TV’ Through 2018-2019 Season
- HBO, ‘Real Housewives’ Among Winners At Reality Breakthrough Awards — NATPE
- Gigi Pritzker & Clint Kisker’s MWM Invests In Ben Proudfoot’s Breakwater Studios
- Ricky Van Veen Says Facebook Watch Will Filter Out Spoilers From Your News Feed – NATPE